Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I have football shirts.

I really want one of this year's home kits, but, alas, money :smith:

also obviously I'm not a Chelsea fan but this year's kit is class - much better than what's coming next year:

:gonk: Adidas has gone stark raving mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jollzwhin posted:

Horrible quality but our kits have leaked:

I have to say I love the white one, looks fantastic.

the home shirt looks loving fantastic too. Very classy. You'll get treated well by Umbro because they're owned by Nike, who are doing much, much better individualizing teams right now than Adidas are.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Trin Tragula posted:

And I'm the Fairy Tinkerbell. This would be just a slight exaggeration, along the lines of "Pal Lydersen was a useful squad player". It'd be the least necessary sequel since 2 Fast 2 Furious.

Rumor I heard is that there are green kits designed by Nike circulating around the team business office and nobody is really a fan at Arsenal of them.

I just hope we stick with yellow because while we don't always win something with yellow away kits, we never win anything in blue. And green? Seriously? Having a laugh.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mickolution posted:

Those both look like they were done on a computer. Again, the stripes are added horribly. The white one's a lovely shirt, but would the sponsors really allow their logo to be that small?

go look at the leaked shot Jollzwhin posted earlier - it has the stripe flipped so it goes from the opposite shoulder diagonally, but has the sponsor logo in the exact same style.

oh poo poo, we're going to get a blue away kit next year? Now we won't win anything :gonk:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pour le Merite posted:

German clubs in general are just horrible when it comes to preserving their dignity and identity and will sell out to sponsors or even just shirt designers on the slightest incentive. Bochum don't have a lot of money so they are more likely to do it than others even I imagine. But even at Bayern you can tell they don't quite give a gently caress about whether there's such a thing as a classic Bayern shirt look and they will change it dramatically on a whim - hence the irony of Bayern, who are known as "die Roten" (the Reds) as opposed to blue 1860 in Munich, for some time playing in blue kits.

even worse is Werder Bremen, who added orange into their white and green kits because it was one of their then-sponsors colors...and promptly won the league wearing orange and green. Which meant that they had to then incorporate orange because you don't change the winning colors! :psyduck:

also it's not so much a kit per se but I do love the Italian tradition behind the scudetto and roundel that are granted to the winners of Serie A and the Coppa Italia, respectively. Very, very cool touch that works very well.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GutBomb posted:

No shirt is more beautiful than this. I'd love to find a long-sleeve version (I only have the short sleeves)

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

I would love so much to have a short-sleeve one of those shirts. I have one that's earlier and one of the Dreamcast-sponsored aways, but man, loooooooove the home shirt from those years.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ka0 posted:

Subside sports had one but it sold for £190.

I'm guessing it would have been a Code 7 shirt, straight from the club's supply of on-field uniforms. It wouldn't make sense for a replica shirt to go for THAT much, despite being eight years old.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

for some reason I've always liked Sampdoria's kits:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

The Portland Timbers need to get a classic lumberjack red/black plaid away kit.

god no, the failed indoor lacrosse team had shirts like that, I don't even want to imagine what that'd look like as a soccer shirt with adidas stripes :gonk:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

they don't look 100% legitimate to me...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

that Arsenal shirt isn't great, plus we seem to suck in blue kits.

Kappa would be the worst supplier ever for Newcastle United.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hoover Dam posted:

I like that alleged Arsenal one, although my first thought when I see it is "jetBlue." I also think that white Celtic one is sharp as hell; I love the weird little details and Easter eggs Nike puts in their kits these days.

another photo on FSC has the Arsenal Latin motto on the side-tag, too. Love the little things like that. And apparently the tartan pattern on the Celtic kit is the official Celtic tartan, too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

these shirts sound perfect. still kind of feel bad about not supporting the clubs directly but hell, at that price compared to what the real ones go for? Can't avoid a deal like that.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

real_scud posted:

Looks like the blue pint-stripe Arsenal away kit has been confirmed and I think for once I might not actually buy the new kit because I find it staggeringly ugly. Maybe seeing the team actually play in it will change my mind, kind of like the old gold SEGA away kit from 01/02

seeing the whole thing together, eh, it could be far, far worse :smithicide:

still don't like it as much as even this year's away though.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

That looks like it's in line with some of the other Puma team kits released for next year. poo poo template, almost as bad as Adidas' training bra kit.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I just noticed the crest on the home shirt is different too. Marseille have the best shirts in Europe IMO, they're just so classy.

looks like an old-style lettering, and they also are apparently celebrating an anniversary. so.

yeah the away isn't as good as the argyle one. But what is?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Several seasons. You'll notice it's the same sponsor as Arsenal which I'm astonished is allowed.

wasn't it Emirates when you guys were sponsored by them?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

glad that it looks like the third is going to have the smaller sponsor logo (just under the badge), too - that's a nice touch.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Acolyte posted:

Any news on the new United kits yet? (besides the blatant photoshop "effort" a few pages back)

I honestly don't know. I expect them to keep AIG sponsorship for next year - AON isn't starting until the following season, and I doubt somebody would jump in for just one year (which rules out the Saudi Telecom shirts seen floating around the Internet).

The more likely one is honestly the old Mexico shirt-looking one, if only because one of the images spotted was a Nike advertisement done in the exact style of the confirmed Villa one for their new away shirt. Unless it's a great photoshop, but I doubt it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Raptor Jesus posted:

Is there any question that Umbro and Nike are the only major companies that can design a kit?

Umbro is owned by Nike now too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Electro Panic posted:

Has AIG already payed their sponsorship money? Didn't they go epicly tits up in the financial crash?

Nobody has been announced yet as a replacement 09/10 sponsor so you'd have to presume AIG will be unless something changes. They already announced in I think January that they'd be ending that deal when the contract runs out after this next season. And yes they're now basically owned by the U.S. government.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

real_scud posted:

Thankfully I have a wardrobe like this and am not single. And my wardrobe looked like that when we first started dating.

looks like you have all of the Arsenal shirts from this year back to at least 01/02, including the thirds. Good work good sir :golfclap:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Trin Tragula posted:

Do you know, I've got the strangest feeling that I've seen this one before somewhere...

different collar style and the sleeves are blue on the Arsenal top. But yeah.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Looks to be a legit leak of the new Fulham kit:

looks like it's also on the same template as Arsenal's away kit for last year, but in black and white. This ad also looks exactly like the already-confirmed Aston Villa away kit ad - and, again, like a Manchester United one for their black-V-striped home kit that's leaked as well.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

for what it's worth, there were "cease and desist" notices like that for the leaked Man City kit pictures that were up on FSC a while ago too.

and I think the Soccer Triads stuff is either cast-offs or, err, fell out the back of the factory, so to speak. Everybody who has ordered here seems to be happy, so I'll give it a go on an Arsenal shirt eventually.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

[edit] ^^^^ I thought the Norwegian FA had come up with the crest to look more official than just slapping the flag on, but there was so much backlash from the fans that they reverted to it.

holybartender posted:

Torino's kit has the huge downside of having RENAULT TRUCKS in ugly block type on the front of it. I thought it looked better when Reale Mutua sponsored them. The Sampdoria kit is sexy. I love the St. George's cross on kits, especially Inter's whites.

it might be St. George's cross too, but it's also the basis for the flags and coat of arms of both Genoa (where Sampdoria plays) and Milan.

also I'd love a Kappa kit but there's no way in hell one would fit me right now.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 13, 2009

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

spurs look like poo poo, the yellow stripes are loving terrible.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

surrender posted:

My family also managed to get one of those when they visited Rome

It was the last Diadora kit, right?

pretty sure it was.

also Roma's Kappa Mazda kits were pretty good, but that might just be me as a car guy. simple and classy wordmark and logo there imo.

and don't just mindlessly buy next year's shirts if they're poo poo, speak with your wallets. it's the only way teams will get the idea, honestly.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MattWPBS posted:

Right, I need to know the best place to order the new England shirt to be delivered in the USA. Ideas?

If it's somebody ordering from the U.S., World Soccer Shop, soccer.com, and Subside Sport are tops. Subside might be your best bet if it is a gift (UK ordered, sent to US), now that I think about it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FYI usually Ajax only have the adidas shoulder stripes on the European competition kits. so I dunno if they're going to look like that all the time or not.

Dear christ, Puma hosed Spurs' kits up something terrible.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

greazeball posted:

I got a letter from the government the other day

I think it was brought up in here but I'm guessing they're "counterfeit" in so far as they're basically from plants who produce extra amounts or work on "off" times to produce for sites like that, using the materials they're supposed to for the official kit orders only, to then sell for extra profit.

it's less "somebody's copied this flawlessly" and more "dodgy plant managers taking money under the table and taking advantage of the rights holders." So still illegal, but quite possibly made of all the same materials and to the same tolerances as the "real" shirts.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

plus that's probably just the clash kit and Sporting will most likely wear horizontal stripes at home yet again.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

Yeah, that's pretty much the reason why they modernized and expanded it. There were also some ambitious plans for the local clubs, but nothing ever came of that.

Red Bull bought one of the teams, the former SSV Markranstadt, renamed them RB Leipzig and they're going to start Hoffenheim-style funding them. They want them to go from the 4th division to the Bundesliga within five years, I think. Here's an article on it I saw recently.

interesting that Werder Bremen and Borussia Dortmund have swapped kit suppliers...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Imagine the reaction if, for instance, we ended up with "Red Bull Rochdale".

if it's anything like the MLS' Red Bull New York, then apathy.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jollzwhin posted:

The Telegraph loving around but it looks like a fairly good mock-up of United's latest effort. What a loving abortion, ugh.

we've seen other images with that (and I've seen other promo shots with Rooney and Ferdinand in the same thing along with Park), the funny part is that it's got a red stripe down the side of the shorts :laugh:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FYI more of the Man United kits:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

City Umbro do look ace all around, and I think there's a few holdovers from last year - I still like Arsenal's home...:smith:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ibroxmassive posted:

Best bet is something similar to the Blackburn kit, with the horrible collar, in the Blue from this season, and some different template. I'd love it to be similar to the England kit.

or possibly simple like the Manchester City kits. But, yes, being with Umbro for next year seems a safer bet than adidas.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bacon of the Sea posted:

The best ones I remember of late I think everyone else hated though, the Spurs centenary 50/50 one and their chocolate away one were nice. I was also partial to the one sleeve a different colour styles.

http://yanks-abroad.com/images/store/merch/300/59mnKa.jpg

That was my favorite Reading one for years (waffle fail).

I'm not a Reading or Fulham fan but I really liked when Fulham had their home and away in that template for a year too. Just a really cool look, at least imo.

that said how the gently caress are you spending like $250 on jerseys each year Directorman? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

calcio posted:

Not quite as bad as I was expecting but not spectacular. Guess it's fine for a tribute jersey. Overall Nike kits have been pretty lackluster the last few years.

Nike have been much better, cleaner, and less reliant on spamming all their teams with one template than Adidas have in the past three or four years. Pretty much everything since WC 2006 has been inoffensive at the least, if not superb. Compare this with Adidas giving many of their teams the same look, and doing things like the man-bra that many of this season's new shirts have...

[edit] I guess what I'm saying is many of the jersey 'spergers out there are liking what Nike is doing much, much more than Adidas or Puma.