Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008

Flapper posted:

I got 4 Reading kits, the current home one is my favourite

Also, the Sydney FC from a couple years ago is also delish

I love that the Burley - Reading playoff has a northern team with Hollands pies on their shirt playing a southern team with Waitrose on theirs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008
It's turning out to be quite hard to find a place selling a ROI away shirt, even online it's only available in a few places and there's no option for numbers or anything. I'm not sure I'd even be an M size since I'm a small guy and that's the lowest size available. Oh well, as long as its here by saturday to ensure my team's victory. (If they lose you will know that I didn't get it in time to wear while watching the match)

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008
Haha, you aren't wrong, £130 for a 3-day round ticket

That's pretty tempting

Edit: £34 by train + ferry D:

RedPaddy fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 7, 2009

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008
How expensive is Dublin central? Now I've got the idea of a weekend there in my head. There seem to be a lot of cheap hostels around, the most expensive part of the trip would be the shirt. How strict are the city centre pubs on match days? I know we've had days where the more central bars only sold tickets beforehand and were all round bastards about letting you in after K.O.

Though the idea of travelling to dublin and then being unable to see the game anywhere is a funny one, I'd rather it didn't happen to me

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008
That would be a bit of an anti climax now wouldn't it

Edit: to luvd

RedPaddy fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 7, 2009

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008

Mickolution posted:

I've never had trouble getting into a pub for a game, although I watch most at home. I've never heard of anyone having trouble either really. Maybe during the World Cup or something like that. Just get there early. If you are coming over, there are still tickets left for the game I think, but you'd have to buy tickets for the Montenegro game too.

As for cost, Dublin is quite expensive, but not too bad. Pints are around €5-5.50 in city centre I think.

Yeah I would've gone for a ticket but I checked and from the look of things they cost from 100 euro upwards and I'm not that impulsive.

I'll see if I can convince any of my non-irish friends. The POP (price of pint) sounds steep but I was thinking mainly of capital city syndrome where anything that could possibly be used by tourists/visitors (taxis, resturants) has massive price inflation.

Don't worry I won't stalk all you jackeen goons, just Craiglen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008

Craiglen posted:

Why an away one?

And pints are usually under 5 euro in a lot of pubs. Some pubs charge more on Saturday nights because they're cunts.

White so I can wear it for my league team

The new one is pretty ugly though, horizontal lines spoil the whole thing