Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
Might just be my supporter's heart reacting emotionally, but I really like Club Brugge's shirt.

Much nicer than Inter's black and blue stripes.

And a classic Ajax shirt:

Inherited this one (same design as the picture) from my uncle, I think it's from 1985 or so but I'm not sure.

Green Eyed Loco-Man fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 1, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

When talking about bad kits, this one has to be mentioned. VfL Bochum once decided it would be a good idea to be a whore and color one half of the jersey in the rainbow colors of the sponsor's logo.

Haha, I remember that. I think I was about 10 or so and I was completely emberassed my team (Club Brugge) managed to lose against a bunch of guys looking like that. Memories.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
I really like that away shirt. Beautiful shade of red.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
drat, British football is expensive as hell.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
Hot girls are awesome and all but they really shouldn't be modelling football kits. They look ridiculous, almost without exception.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

Ka0 posted:

Look at it this way there's no chance of a kit clash with those ever.

Germinal Beerschot got a pretty rough deal, being a merger of clubs who played in purple and yellow-red respectively. Good luck combining that into something that looks pleasant. There's no excuse for the away shirt though.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Why oh why has no one pointed out their logo appears to be a two headed eagle with a dancing bear in it's stomach?

Fun fact: Beerschot means "Bear Kick", surely one of the most badass team names around. Terrible club though.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
I dislike United but the shirts look nice, very distinctive.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
It's time for what you've all been waiting for, the new shirts for my team, Club Brugge (it's in Belgium.)!

The red kinda threw me off at first, but I'm starting to like it now. Still, we've been playing in Inter-like vertical stripes ever since I started following the team in the mid-'90s so this will take some getting used to.

Away shirt:

I like the black and blue returning in the vertical lines, as well as the interruption for the sponsor logo. We've had some pretty horrible away kits in the recent past so I'm easily satisfied on this count.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

The Acolyte posted:

Am I the only one that likes this?

(yes)

I think so, indeed. I kinda like the home shirt but this is too much even for me.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

TheNakedJimbo posted:

I posted not even a page ago about how I go cuckoo for diagonal stripes, but I take it all back. That thing is hideous. It's so monochromatic.

I think it's absolutely stunning. What's wrong with monochromatism?

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

TheNakedJimbo posted:

Well, when the color in question is what appears to be a flat blue-gray, it's not exactly rousing. I think the main problem I have with it is that it appears very dull. There's not any vibrance to the colors. It might be the photo, though; the more I look at it, the more the colors look washed out, so perhaps it will look better in person.

I'm also color-blind so it's possible there's something I'm just not seeing.

I think it's just personal preference. The combination of the grey with the black and white diagonal stripes and the tasteful sponsor logo looks really suave. Not really 'exciting' maybe, but very minimal and understated. Then again, I'm one of those people who changed the color scheme on their mac to "graphite".

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

Chuggo posted:

Just noticed? I'd love to know what you were looking at before

It looked like a black Klan member with a very large head to me, before it was pointed out to be an 'A'. Home kit's cool though.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
Shame that site doesn't have the Belgium 1982 World Cup home kit or the DDR 1974 one... I've been looking for both of those since forever.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

Lowden Swain posted:

Holy poo poo never been happier to be rid of a sponsor.

"Get rid of the slogan? Sure, but you realize, of course, we'll need to increase the size of the logo itself..."

/Bond villain or SS Officer voice, your pick

It's not that bad, at least it integrates nicely with the rest of the kit. They could have insisted on placing a red square in the middle of the shirt.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

SenorSpangiel posted:

They're here :allears:

Shame about the gold lettering on the home kit, looks a bit tacky. At least they were sensible enough not to do that on the away, which looks quality.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
Don't see what's so bad about that Gijon jersey. It's white/red with vertical stripes. The city name and the sponsor are maybe placed somewhat clumsily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
New Belgium shirts (away, home) :

Believe it or not, these are actually less ugly than the previous design but still... Burrda :effort:

I long for the Nike-sponsored days:

The shirts and socks are also red nowadays, leaving us virtually indistinguishable from the million other teams playing in all red, our only remaing calling card being the awful underperforming.