Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Raptor Jesus posted:

This bad boy?

That is easily the worst kit I have ever seen. They can't plea ignorance either. Looking back who ever chose the tiger print for Hull or the tv static for Reading just didn't realise how bad it was. It was the late 80's, fashion was stupid, etc.

PSG on the other hand have no excuse for this:

I name it: the fax jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

epsilonomega posted:

A :psyduck: ad, but an awesome shirt.

That is an awesome shirt. I'm a huge fan of almost gold with almost black. The other combination which always slays me is purple and white, Austria Wien know their stuff.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Ka0 posted:

The new 1899 Hoffenheim kit from Puma is simply
fascinating

One thing that always throws me, clubs with simple crests. It must be a nightmare including them in a kit as more then an after thought.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Let's be honest here, which is worse:

Bolton or Rotherham?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

I love that Suwon kit, I've had a soft spot for them since they played Chelsea a couple of years back in a pre-season cup.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Some Clown posted:

Someone hasn't been to Belfast.

Quote for lady in underwear illusion slaying.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Was just reading on Carshalton Athletic's site about how they're going to "create an image that is more attractive to young people. Primarily by changing colour, badge and brand of shirt."

I love that badge :( They'd better keep the robin. One day I'm going to enforce every team in Surrey has to have an oak leaf, robin or similar as part of their logo.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Spurs have fallen for the breast indicators as well? I hope this isn't a larger trend then it needs to be.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Seriously, why all the bras? WHY?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Trin Tragula posted:

New OFFICIAL PROFESSIONAL GAME referee shirt:

Looks like a cheap training top, ridiculous white piping, shorts that don't match and look like they've been taken off a shelf in JJB for a fiver. Oh, and can anyone see a pocket anywhere?

You wouldn't think it's possible to gently caress up black shirt, black shorts, black socks with white tops, but there you go. Nice job, Umbro. It's even got a black collar, so if the great unwashed start buying it they're at risk of getting sanctioned by short-sighted county discipline departments.

Since when have refs had sponsors on their sleaves? gently caress this, I'm becoming a ref.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Ka0 posted:

New ParisStGermain kits

France are getting all the nice kits next season.

Love those kits. Come the Emirates cup I'll be picking up the away top.

*EDIT* Apparently PSG fans aren't so keen on the home one http://www.un-club-un-maillot.com/les-photos.php

Bacon of the Sea fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 9, 2009

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Soccer Triads have a special on ManU ECL final tops. If I could live with wearing their kit, I'd order one with FAIL 09 printed on the back.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

It makes me think of power rangers or those poo poo kits you can make on pro evo but no one touches. Becuase they make you look like power rangers.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

I really don't like how it's so central and the club badge seems a lot smaller and almost tacked on at the side as an after thought.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Ka0 posted:

At that point Renault should start paying fans to wear the shirt, rather then Torino charging folks.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

I demand a Zanzibar home kit. I want to lot Africans design everything I ever buy from this day forward.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Ka0 posted:

I kinda like Joma kits. Here's belgian squad Germinal Beerschot new apparel:

Why oh why has no one pointed out their logo appears to be a two headed eagle with a dancing bear in it's stomach?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

The Reading away kit is green, in honour of our 1/3rd Irish team.

Shame to announce it in the same week we're expecting to lose our Irish ints to Prem teams.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Jay Tabb as well. Although he'll probably never get called up as Ireland have a decent middle four.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

I don't know why we relase details/pics of our kits so late. I think it was via a throw away comment in the Evening Post that we even know the away kit will be green. I've read elsewhere it will be hooped as well.

I think we've done all right for home kits in recent years and hope that hoops make a bra top impossible. Away kits on the other hand have been loving apauling. First it was Pompey's away kit, then the black kit of doom, then the orange. Hopefully this one's going to be beau.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Yup, Reading.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

It was nice, it just became an omen of evil. I remember a warning about how black kits always cause trouble and we were of course relegated that season on goal difference. I don't believe we ever won a game wearing it. :(

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Hang on, has there been a single nice English kit released yet? It's going to be 1993 all over again isn't it? The summer of shite.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Russ posted:

Dundee Utd fans celebrate "new kit supplied by Nike"

Dundee Utd fans find out that their actual kit supplier is Football1st.com a website which sells Nike gear

Dundee Utd fans find out that their "new kit" is a £14.99 orange Nike t shirt with a badge and sponsorship being sold for £44.99

It's their centenary season as well. I hope heads roll.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Villa, Pool and Blackburn away, Burnley home and West Ham gk are the only ones I'd vote acceptable. West Ham gk is the pick of the bunch.

Also: Is the Everton away really going to have pink pinstripe and a collar? Are they aiming to markey exclusively to 17yo girls who've got their first temp job in an office and Christiano Ronaldo?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

The best ones I remember of late I think everyone else hated though, the Spurs centenary 50/50 one and their chocolate away one were nice. I was also partial to the one sleeve a different colour styles.

http://yanks-abroad.com/images/store/merch/300/59mnKa.jpg

That was my favorite Reading one for years (waffle fail).

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

MattWPBS posted:

Let's just face it, those really raise the bar. I don't even mean for this season, they're some of the best shirts I've seen, and Man City fans are bloody spoilt with them all.

They are easily the best kits. We are all truely suckers for nice simple kits. They've played to what's good and what we know. That blue is city and that away kit will be known as city by Sept. No bras. No wonk.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

I'm sure there's a pink elephant joke in here somewhere

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

fc-augsburg. Not sure what they're trying to prove with these, but best of luck to them

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Why haven't the Reading kits leaked? I can't wait till midnight, I want it now.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Spurs design, with added off-shoulder ball gown/clown bib accents. I'd write more about how I don't like it, but it doesn't deserve it.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

That's the problem. We've had lovely kits in recent years, we were due an abomination. On a slightly related note, it's nice to see Long's taken over Doyle's vacated #9. It's easy to forget he's only 22 and playing as third or fourth choice striker has managed to break into the Ireland squad.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

quote:

Getafe also signed a sponsor deal with Burger King (inside and outside), and has Galco on the back of the shorts, and SDS on the front.

Burger King's philosophy of 'As You Want' combines values as "fun, fidelity and authenticity" that identify with the world of football and in particular "the spirit of Getafe and their unconditional passion," explained the Company at the presentation.

Looks like it is. This places it joint first with Hull's tiger print kit at the top of the 'kits that are so ridiculous you hate, but would still buy, wear and love' chart.

*NINJA EDIT* Can't wait to see a player score and bust the king out.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

I see there's nothing in there regarding fingerless gloves, ear muffs and feather boas. Gentlemen, I've fallen upon a genius idea. :smugdog:

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Making a decent effort to steal the limelight from Getafe, we have Udinese's new home:

Had it been on a previous page, it would probably have got some love.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

MOSF posted:

Apparently they give away Getafe shirts whith your BK order. It's a nice Marketing campaign they're doing:

NO WAY. Someone who speaks Spanish tell me how to get one and I swear to God I'll do a trip report.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Awww :(

I was hoping for the chance to post a horrifically goony thread where I ate £20 worth of burgers in one sitting in return for a free shirt.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Jaw Dropper posted:

I know I'm several pages too late on this but the Reading kit has really grown on me. Saw it in action at a pre-season friendly (Didcot) and the awful collar wasn't nearly as bad as it seems in the stills.

Just my opinion of course!

Not seen it in action yet, but I'm holding out for the away kit ;)

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

New Reading away kit is lime green. I give up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

No pics yet, but it's bee seen around the mad stad and such. Apparently it's the same design as the home one, lime green with a lighter green bib/cape.

First thing that comes to my mind?