Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Are we going to be able to watch a single game next season without at least one truly horrendous strip?

That Everton one I think is built for the fans, cos it basically looks like it's built to fold under the tits to compensate for a huge beer belly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
When are the official photos out? I'm on the line about our home kit this year. It looks a bit too retro for my tastes from the photos earlier in the thread.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Is the 3rd kit the white or the black one? Both are pretty sweet, but I'm quite partial to the black/orange Valencia style combo.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Not the best picture, but slightly better than the last grainy one:

Our kits for this season, really like all 3!

I really like the two away kits, but I'm still unconvinced of the home one. It's a little too retro for me, I think. With the collar it kind of looks like a Star Trek uniform.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
New Boro kit looks like a Cornetto.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Has there ever been a case of a player refusing to play/be sold to another club because he despises a strip that much?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Yeah, footballers are arrogant petulant cunts. I could easily see one of them throwing a hissy fit. I'm just wondering if it's actually happened.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
It's still not manly no matter how many huge South Pacific men you put in it, Everton.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
(It is actually rad, it beats the poo poo out of all those super serious reveals where the players are all pouting in photoshops in the Saving Private Ryan washed out colour palette to show how Serious Business football is.)

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
If I saw someone wearing football club branded trainers on the street I would literally get so mad I would scowl really hard and call them a oval office in my head.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
How form-fitting are the new City shirts? I want to pick one up off of soccer triads but they only have M or XL. I could probably get away with an M if there's a bit of give.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Only the Germans could have a shirt more boring than England's, even when England's is plain loving white. Ballack looks like a really depressed male stripper there, with one of those fake tuxedos that are made of velcro so they rip off.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Manchester City have a Ricky Gervais character discussing making their kits. The differences he points out as visionary are pretty extraordinary: "The old kit had a sash that went this way, right, but I put some new innovative thinking to use, right, and I thought, well, what if the sash went... THAT way :mmmsmug:"

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

oldman posted:

guys, guys, you're all losing track of the most important news in this thread

Gangwon FC's new uniforms

How many away strips does a team need?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

calcio posted:

Very nice except that strange pattern...

What's that pattern supposed to be, like a Gladiator breast plate or something? It just looks weird.

EDIT: haha just noticed the flag belt buckle

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

ICA posted:

How are Triads for delivery times? If I ordered on Thurs would I receive my top by Apr 24th (in Scotland)?

It took mine a good ten days to come, and I'm closer to Thailand in Japan.

EDIT: Is Triads Thailand or China? I forget.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Honestly, who buys replica shorts beyond the age of 10?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
hahaha, the best thing is that lion in the centre of the shirt looking completely confused.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Christ, weren't Everton mocked enough for having only pink piping this season?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
City's website has a pretty hilarious feature introducing the away kit where you make Nigel De Jong strip for you and then play keepy uppy.

Click on New Away Kit from the main page.

Like the shirt, wish it wasn't stretch fit though, can't wear that and hide my beer gut :(

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

It'll be back sooner or later :colbert:

In actual kit news, City's home kit has burgundy on the socks. (Click New Home Kit, obviously) I can't for the life of me think why they've chosen this colour, makes it look like City forget theirs and had to borrow Villa/West Ham's. There's some marketing spiel bullshit about HIGH CONTRAST STRIPES THAT ALLOWS TEAM MATES TO SPOT EACH OTHER INSTANTLY, but historically I don't think there's any precedent for it. How bizarre.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Holy loving christ, I hated the all white kit but those royal blue shorts are even worse. They look even more like a lovely early 1990s PE kit than before.

Everything about that kit is objectionable.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Honestly have to say, after watching the game last night the England kit looks a lot better on the pitch than it does in some crazy photoshop. The blue isn't as obnoxiously bright, and the pink st. georges crosses arent visible. Think I might like it better than the world cup all-white one.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
What's it supposed to be, 'Fulham as interpreted in a blizzard'?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Like the dennis the menace arms, don't like the star trek collar.

And if you think that City press release is cringeworthy, two years ago with the first umbro kits (the white hooped neck home and the black/orange away) City had a designer who resembled a Ricky Gervais character going on about how it's a revolutionary design because the badge is over the heart and that how Adebayor suddenly became more powerful because he felt cool in the away shirt. I can't find it on the website any more, alas.

EDIT: haha found it: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Features/Behind-the-kit-part-4

type behind the kit in the search bar up top to find the others in entire awful series.

Eau de MacGowan fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 24, 2011

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
help guys i'm david de gea and i found this barrel of mutagen around the back, and not knowing what else to do i stuck both my arms in it, and now the loving poo poo won't come off :(

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
There is something so awfully awesome about a badge that is just the clubs names in massive willy wonka writing, and the ridiculous little football on the eight on the front and back.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Anyone know how to get screen printed stuff safely off of shirts? I ordered one of these, and when I get that gaudy cup off the front it'll be the perfect shirt.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Hey guys I think umbro read that "It's okay to troll the Irish Football Team" memorandum by Finn, because it's either that or they've gone to McDonald's managers uniforms for inspiration.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

please tell me that's trolling

3 for eire

what the hell

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
He looks like a middle aged divorcee whose friends have hired a stylist to dress him up to force him to get back in the game, and then reluctantly gone to a night club only to be abandoned on the dance floor.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
It's amazingly difficult to gently caress up a kit that is defined as white, but gold lettering and gold piping will do it. Why not have the badge in mother of pearl and everyone wear robocop visors while you're at it.

Two bad kits, two oval office teams :colbert:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Kempo posted:

Literally just ordered a Real Madrid home shirt from Soccertriads :(

Did you get a name on the back? The adidas in gold isn't so bad, it's the fabulous names and numbers that push it over the edge.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

nervana posted:

:confused:?

The mannequin has no hands. Almunia is a dodgy goalkeeper.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
City are posting up things about their academy graduates lately, today they got to Alex Nimely.

Look at what they're wearing there - its the City 2008-09 home strip but apparently in a 3/4 sleeve version? :confused: I don't recall the first team ever wearing it, has any other (modern) club worn sleeves of that length?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
In the top picture the fella behind him has a similar size, and both of the badges seem to be in roughly the right place (ie. level with the heart) It's confusing the hell out of me.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
WITH THE LIGHTS OUT
YES ITS DANGEROUS
HERE WE ARE NOW
MEDIOCRITY IS CONTAGIOUS

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí