Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

thehappyprince posted:

I like the design. Looks classy, but they should've chosen a better orange.

Aren't wolves shirts supposed to be gold rather than flourescent tangerine?? Can't imagine their fans are overly impressed with the change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Yeah this one had a zip. It wasn't a proper zip though more like one you get on those ziplock plastic bags.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

foundationofnuness posted:

Am I alone in wanting something like this to happen?:

:smith:

Great shirt :)

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Mandalay posted:

Do you Man Utd guys ever stop and reflect that you're wearing the logo of a failed American company that has been front and center of this current financial recession?

Not trolling, honest question.

I wouldn't wear it if I went over to the US, but in England nobody knew who AIG were before United took them over and very few people would know anything about them even now.

Anyway

Quelle difference?

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

ephex posted:

To me, this is pure beauty:

No jersey ever came close to that.

I had this one when I was a kid, still got it somewhere.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Mickolution posted:

I'm pretty sure they did. If I remember correctly, they changed in 07/08 to the one to commemorate Munich and then again this season. I could be wrong though.

You are wrong. Do you write for the Sun?

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Vando posted:

Campos is with me, I just took delivery of this natty little number from the 91/92 Gold Cup:

You taking up horse racing?

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Are spurs just bringing 3 new kits out every year now or what?

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Everton, oh dear.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

ICA posted:

Surprised this hasn't been posted;

Alleged new Man U top, seen it elsewhere. Posted without context though so probably a mock up at best.

That is this badly photoshopped:

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_details.aspx?pid=50015&cid=3969&tid=&bid=0&nav=

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
I would never buy a Candy appliance.

edit: Or a Brother printer.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Much as it makes the bile rise those city shirts do look classy, in spite of the comedy badge. I didn't realise Umbro were sticking with the England retro theme for their clubs too.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Jollzwhin posted:

when we get to a final

:xd:

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Much as it pains me those are loving classy and the small sponsor on the away is how every loving kit should be.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
awful. again.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

wicka posted:

I still don't like it. Besides, what is the point of your change strip being black, white and grey if your home shirt is black and white?

Yeah, it's like when Portsmouth had an away kit of... darker blue. I think Everton did the same thing actually.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Hahahaha thats loving brilliant.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Pretty sure Ian Poulter played the Dubai desert classic in it.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Jaw Dropper posted:

Actually it's turned out pretty good! Simple and nice :)

Will look forward to seeing it in action tomorrow though for a proper look.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Raptor Jesus posted:

Liverpool went to poo poo after the Crown Paints and Candy era

I think you'll find they went to poo poo very much during the Candy era, thanks to adidas:

Great foresight from United to ditch adidas for umbro immediately prior to them ditching the trefoil and sleeve stripes for these abortions. Loads of teams at Euro 92/WC 94 had the same design.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

real_scud posted:

Did you do it in Orlando because if so it doesn't count since British people loving love Orlando. So most of those were probably Brits visiting the states.

90% of English people who have ever been to America went to Florida and Florida only. The other 10% went to New York.

When I went to the US last year whenever anyone at work asked where I went on my holiday and I said "America" pretty much all of them went "oh, Florida?". Most English people have no concept of going anywhere on holiday that isn't a beach or a theme park. Florida has both!

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Well yeah I went to California, Oregon and Washington, I was on about the great unwashed rather than us classy Ray Parlour types.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Shrapnac posted:

Official Premier League numbers/badges are that felt material. Some places offer authentic numbering, some replica numbering. The authentic numbers/badges are bigger and felt. The replica numbers are screen on and smaller but the badges are felt but also smaller.

I'll post a pic of two shirts I have to compare and contrast if I can be bothered to do it.

The actual answer is that unlike you guys in the US where you apparently have about 5 different grades of replica jersey ("authentic", etc), in Europe you just get what they give you and unless it is a blatant Chinese fake it's good enough.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

irlZaphod posted:

I think so, they're changing sponsors so they'll need to get a new kit for that. But in general it's 2 years that they replace their kits too.

p sure they are just putting the new sponsor on the same shirt.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Schwarbage posted:

Looks like a Spider-Man variant.

Also, I guess these are newish pics of the United away:

horrific.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
are there any decent pics of the United home shirt yet surely it can't be as bad as that away

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Pissflaps posted:

The one you've all been waiting for

FC Bayern Börö

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

real_scud posted:

Collar looks loving retarded, if they wanted one why wouldn't they have gone with a full collar instead of some weird 3/4ths one.

it is a full collar, he's just having it dragged round his neck

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
it's only the second home shirt nike have given us that's not complete poo poo since they started in 2002.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
hahahaha those socks

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
all city players will also be wearing converse's new all star football range

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
I saw the new utd shirt in the shop today and it is pretty horrible in the flesh, those stripes on the sleeves that looked like they were stitched on fabric are actually just nasty rubbery plastic print-on stuff. I swear Nike gets the loving work experience kid to do united shirts, Arsenals was in there too and it's far nicer.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Pissflaps posted:

Who says a monthly sponsor will look bad? Elegant and tasteful. Now I'm torn: should I get the plain one, or the one with this sponsor on the front?

At this rate I'll end up with ten boro shirts this season...

didn't realise PNE had enough money to sponsor another team

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
visually they didn't change united's badge much, but what they did change was absolutely emblematic of a horrible shift in ideology

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Tsaedje posted:

Well the mystery of what Umbro's had their bad designers doing is solved.

Peter Saville: Bad Designer says internet posteur

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Mickolution posted:

Was Saville involved in this??!?

Yes - http://www.umbro.com/#/newfabricofengland/?locale=en_GB

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

on the inside of the badge on my arsenal shirts it has "victoria concordia crescit", it owns

and speaking of arsenal

possible leak of the 125 year anniversary kit. theres a photo of the track jacket with the same crest which gives it more weight. not sure about the leaf thing though

So for your 125 year anniversary the big idea is a shirt that looks identical to the last 3 or 4 with some laurel wreath around your 9 year old badge. :thumbsup:

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
vertical sponsor makes you look like a scotch ajax

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

harperdc posted:

agreed. it's pretty horrible to watch teams play in uniforms like that, too, because you can't even read the drat numbers.

I doubt they'll be allowed to play in official competitions with numbers like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
I don't mean the font/style of the numbers, I mean the illegible colouring. In the Champions League, UEFA makes teams with stripey shirts put a big white box behind the number if they don't think it's legible enough.