Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

also obviously I'm not a Chelsea fan but this year's kit is class - much better than what's coming next year:

:gonk: Adidas has gone stark raving mad.

Yeah, I'm going to pick up the current black away kit in lieu of getting any of next seasons (although I might consider the away). I'd like the orange goalie top but I can't find it cheap.

I do, somewhere, have one of the attached -

My school demanded a blue sports kit and my parents got me this aged 7. It's why I'm a fan. (This is Chelsea home 1987-89)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

w00bi posted:

The Chelsea white away that was leaked looks to be true. Better pictures are out. I really like it, it sort of looks like a sports polo.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/09/10-kits/chelsea-2009-2010-away-adidas-shirt-leaked.html

That looks mesh-less. Excellent.

Guitar_Hero posted:

Besides being money-hungry bastards, is there an actual reason why Chelsea are having three all-new kits again? Didn't they just get new ones last season?

Also, considering how good their current strip is, to have it change to that is one hell of a step down.

The contract with Adidas requires replacement of all 3 kits each year. I think Liverpool have the same deal, despite C0burn's heartwarming jibe.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The Chelsea shirts are about the same price as soccertriads from the megastore right now.

If you're in the US that's not relevant of course.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

luvd posted:

Are these real? That seems like too good a price.

Also, am I gonna look like a dick with a long sleeved one?

It's end of season, as I alluded the Chelsea Megastore is doing the adult home shirts for £15 or £20, most places have fairly major sales on to clear obsolete kit.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Some Clown posted:

I thought there was some rule in the Premiership whereby a team had to keep their kit for two full seasons. Clubs got around it in a way by staggering the launch of their home and away kits for alternate seasons so they had a 'launch' every year.

There's no rule, Adidas' contract even requires Chelsea to replace all 4 each year (if you count goalie).

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

CubanMissile posted:

I thought AIG dropped their sponsorship next year.

After next year, when the contract is up.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If it doesn't matter, can we have it then? I'll not say no to a trophy.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Indeed, go back to the FA cup final and when the teams run out, look at the Everton mascots...

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

MoPZiG posted:

not blank by any means, but yeah they didnt use the space fully.

I like that, all the alc/betting teams should do that.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

MattWPBS posted:

Everton, running Chelsea a close second in the "worst bra style top" stakes?

What. The. gently caress. Is. That?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Since when have refs had sponsors on their sleaves? gently caress this, I'm becoming a ref.

Several seasons. You'll notice it's the same sponsor as Arsenal which I'm astonished is allowed.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

wasn't it Emirates when you guys were sponsored by them?

I think it came in the season after but I'd have the same objection then of course.

Is it the euro refs that still have Emirates? I'm sure I've seen it recently.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Trin Tragula posted:

IIRC it was the season before Emirates switched from Chelsea to Arsenal.

Nope, referees in UEFA or FIFA competitions are currently still un-sponsored. Have you been watching any rugby or cricket recently? IRB rugby refs and elite cricket umpires have been running (or strolling) around with Fly Emirates branding for quite a few years now.

Maybe that's where I missed the shift. I was also sure I'd seen Emirates and Air Asia on the same shirt and assumed they were related which apparently I didn't and they're not.

Either way, the fact it related to my team is irrelevant to my displeasure. I actually don't think officials should be sponsored at all. It's the definition of a conflict of interest.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Of course that's the 2nd best customer service.

The best is giving you what you ordered in the first place.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Directorman posted:

Have they won three titles?

3 away matches.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

quote:

Above the eagle and shield are three stars, which are purely decorative.

*Dies laughing*

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Maybe he's just bought them because he likes the players concerned.

Or indeed because they just look good, although that doesn't explain that chequered monstrosity.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Nice.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That Zanzibar shirt reminds me of...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ibroxmassive posted:

And now Celtic fans are not going to shut up about Barca being inspired by their kit.

It's ok, Celtic fans now have their own problems.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

Red Bull bought one of the teams, the former SSV Markranstadt, renamed them RB Leipzig and they're going to start Hoffenheim-style funding them. They want them to go from the 4th division to the Bundesliga within five years, I think. Here's an article on it I saw recently.

interesting that Werder Bremen and Borussia Dortmund have swapped kit suppliers...

Imagine the reaction if, for instance, we ended up with "Red Bull Rochdale".

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

thehappyprince posted:

So I guess anyone playing Watford next season won't be wearing black shorts..

Click here for the full 600x750 image.

How are they allowed to do that?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Idiot race posted:

Anyone got pics of that 3rd kit, if I recall it's probably the one im going to have to get seeing as it doesnt look like rear end.

None to hand but as I recall it's white with black horizontal stripes and no breastmesh.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jun 26, 2009

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Joining the City love.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The Acolyte posted:

Am I the only one that likes this?

(yes)

I don't have a problem with the colours but the Chevron in those colours just doesn't work for me at all.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Irn--Bru posted:

I don't even mind so much the colours. It's just the chevron doesn't flow onto the sides or the sleeves or anything and looks daft just plopped on the front like that.

Yeah that would help a lot, maybe wrap it wound the back of the arm to the sides?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Apparently Canterbury have a UK division or somesuch, which may take up Canterbury's kit orders in the UK. I'm liking that third shirt, but some of the older Canterbury shirts (Deportivo's home one) have been very, very nice.

I hope so, London Wasps are affected too.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's even more obvious in their stadium with a giant white on green Waitrose banner right behind them.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

Well based on these criteria you should be a City fan, our kits are objectively the best this year.

Not a City fan.

But he's right.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Bacon of the Sea posted:

I like it! I had a moment of "Oh, hang on..." when at the Chelsea game I looked about and saw it's the same green as the Waitrose adverts around the stadium. I pondered if we were becoming Waitrose FC. But having seen Emirates FC playing at the Emirates Stadium, used their Emirates toilets, had an Emirates nacho box and got smiled at by the Emirates air hostesses while Emirates Wiltshire knocked the Emirates ball into the Emirates net and people were told to wave their Emirates caps to see if they could get on the Emirates big screen, I decided the away kit's really in the shallow end of sponsorship compared to some poor bastards.

I thought it looked pretty good, at least it's a decent green, especially when the alternative was a team of traffic cones.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Oooh, likey the last one.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Poor guy looks so depressed.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Being promoted to League 2 for 3 years running would certainly be an achievement.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ohnoyoudidnt posted:

Of course the Evertonian is a ginger.

The only one other than the Footballer's wife who can kick a ball though it seems.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Hoover Dam posted:

Get your matching shoe, scarf, and jersey set here.

They could have at least used this season's kit.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Agreed but this looks like a neat way to get rid of the last stocks and charge idiots a premium for it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Grez posted:

Well yeah I went to California, Oregon and Washington, I was on about the great unwashed rather than us classy Ray Parlour types.

I'd say classy but other than Florida I've been to Colorado, Georgia and both Carolinas :)

Actually I really liked North Carolina, we were around Hendersonville if anyone knows it.

quote:

I know, and while sometimes it's interesting because of the jerseys you see on people, I don't get it. I mean yeah we have Disney here, and there are beaches, both of which are hard to come by in England, but if I was a Brit I'd want to say visit the Rockies, or the Grand Canyon, any place that has geography that you'll never ever see in Britain in a million years.

Exactly, I was in Denver on business but I had a weekend and I went to see
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26327109@N04/sets/72157621742230441/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26327109@N04/sets/72157621866654528/
Garden of the gods and the pikes peak area. We don't have poo poo like that.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Aug 25, 2009

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sourpuss posted:

Just got my order through from bornprosper, so i thought id take pics for the thread.
All the tags seem genuine and so does the label.
I do like the "made in england" bit, as it was sent from Tailand.

It doesn't say "Made in England", the wording is a sneaky little trick by Umbro to make you assume that.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

calcio posted:

Oh screw you. Just because I'm American doens't mean I'm a fatty just like because your English doesn't mean your ugly. ;)

Although in these specific cases...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It is, there's pictures around if you search.