Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

poopoorug posted:

Always had a weak spot for romas stuff too.

Always hated this for the same reason I hate most Puma jerseys. One company logo is more than enough. Adidas gets a pass because the three stripes are pretty innocuous. They're new template is hideous though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I love the US home kit. My favorite part is "Don't Tread On Me" on the inside of the collar.

Mike Toole posted:

It's funny, I used to wear jerseys all the drat time when I was first really getting into the sport, but nowadays I wear them when I'm exercising or on matchdays only.

I'm the same way. That's why I like the USA away jersey for the gym. It's really simple and goes with just about anything.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 8, 2009

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I don't like how MLS seems to have adopted the American sports tradition of having a colored jersey for home/away and then a white as the other one. I much prefer having the second kit use colors that don't really have much to do with the original team colors and a third comedy option kit. It allows for more variety and design options and is especially nice if your team colors happen to suck. And I really hate all white kits. It especially irks me that LA uses theirs for home and away whenever possible.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The Portland Timbers need to get a classic lumberjack red/black plaid away kit.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I really like the Chelsea away kit. The home kit template is awful and I've been laughing at the Red Bulls ever since they started using it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Looks downright reasonable compared to Mexico.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I thought AIG dropped their sponsorship next year.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
That sailor suit poo poo Puma's doing is just horrendous.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Because that poo poo is boring.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
No one that hot should be forced to work in a club shop.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
That Bumbelona kit is dope. It may be one of my top five favorite jerseys ever if it's real.

edit: Also, the new England kits are 100% class and tailoring is such a good idea. It's the first all white kit I've ever liked. But I like the "Tonal Anthem Jackets" even better.

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag_4_5/football/product_details.aspx?pid=59938

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 17, 2009

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
And just when they thought that nothing could possibly make the new kit goofier...Steven Taylor smiled.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Does anyone else have a problem with Nike kits having really tight sleeves? I like the way my L USA home shirt fits in every way but that. And no I do not have any "guns" to speak of.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
while I'm not a fan of the United kits, it's still better than all the new Adidas and Puma templates.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Love the Arsenal 3rd kit with the gray shorts. Iit's the first thing I've ever liked about that team.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Directorman posted:

Holy gently caress. That is absolutely terrible.

What are United thinking :psyduck:

They were thinking that since Dick Grayson isn't Nightwing anymore, someone has to be.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
That be a good kit for Sin City FC. Have the pink represent the neon lights of Las Vegas. Of course Sin City FC does not exist and neither should anything that tacky in regards to Everton.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

surrender posted:

I'm a sucker for kits with diagonal stripes

This one is still my all-time favorite:

I really liked their home shirt. Having the flag colors in the collar was a nice touch.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Easily the best sports marketing I have ever seen.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Proper picture of the new City away kit, might have to get this one too:

Fitted kits are the way to go, and the collar is neat. I don't think I've seen one like that before.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

calcio posted:

I do like the third kit and the use of the old badge. But teams with fit jerseys should make an alternative "fan" version. Even if you are skinny enough to wear those they just don't look or feel right wearing around outside the pitch.

The thing is, there is a difference between a nice tailored kit, like England has, and what Roma uses. You can't actually hide fat with bagginess. A properly sized tailored shirt can actually have a somewhat slimming effect on a person who is overweight. Obviously this won't really apply if you need a XXXL, but people who are like twenty pounds over should still wear fitted clothes. A baggy shirt only serves to make you look like a balloon. This is why NFL jerseys are possibly the most unflattering thing a guy can wear unless he is 250 lbs. of straight rip. But Roma shirts are Taylor Twellman Tight(tm) and make it look like the third jersey should be made by Ed Hardy.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
So the moral of the story is, don't be fat. poo poo, if I could just lost another twenty pounds I would be the sexiest white looking half-Mexican to wear a USMNT jersey since Carlos Bocanegra. If.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Challenge accepted.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The rich kids always have such nice clothes. :(

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I concur.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Saw the new Real Madrid shirt in person. It couldn't be any more boring.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Pretty fun idea for a kit launch. And that kit is seriously starting to grow on me.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Dudley posted:

They could have at least used this season's kit.

But last season's 1st is soooo much better.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Grez posted:

90% of English people who have ever been to America went to Florida and Florida only. The other 10% went to New York.

Some go to Las Vegas. But only when Ricky Hatton fights.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The letters are starting to come off my USMNT jersey. Anything I can do about it?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I've always washed it inside out and line dried it. Should probably have washed it on gentle though.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The other keeper doesn't exactly looked thrilled either.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If you think that's bad you should see the grades of pointyball jerseys. And the prices. And the people who wear them.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The thing is you get almost no variety whatsoever. The only differences between most of them are some have numbers on the sleeves and some have a logo. That's about it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Oh sorry, one has Bengal tiger print on it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Shame I'm not a Arsenal supporter, because I really like their 3rd kit.

And along with my hate for most pointyball jerseys, I can't even get hats or shirts for my team becuase the Dolphins have some seriously ugly colors. Maybe they got a grey tshirt.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Hoover Dam posted:

fuckers never should've ditched the recursive dolphin

I don't know, I rather like the "shark fighting resolve" looking logo.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I just wish Adidas would consider not putting three stripes on everything so that all their kits don't scream "SPORTS GEAR". At least they're alot better than Puma.

I gotta assume that Italy kit is fake though. I can't imagine anyone would approve a design that would invite so much ridicule.

edit: maybe it's a mock up thing just to determine how it would look while being worn?

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 25, 2009

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Ok, good point. But at least most people enjoy creamcicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Preferred the previous one, more color.