Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Voluspa posted:

:colbert:

I thought Romans were the wolves?

They are. We're the Diavoli, if you really want to push "mascot" themes. It's pretty loving stupid, but the "serpente" has been a (exceedingly appropriate) symbol of Inter for a long time, so at least it's got some history in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Was Taters posted:

We got the devil on all our kits at Manchester United, thanks. I think all these teams are covered. Does Milan have a devil on theirs?

nope, but we do see this guy a lot

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Woof! Woof! posted:

Just ordered my Sankt Pauli F.C. kit. Loving it.

That's rather nice, do they not have a sponsor or is that just a sponsorless kit?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Stim posted:

Rumoured Milan kit doing the rounds - apparently it was bought from Indonesia so it's possibly fake but then again I'm pretty sure they do produce kits there. Don't like the stripes but the new sponsor looks pretty sweet.

I knew the sponsor was going to look good, but I hate those stripes. Thin angled stripes coupled with those thick black sleeves? Ugh.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Inter better win everything again to live down these monstrosities.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

BFD Zio posted:

Just received my Corinthians 2009 3rd kit (Brasileiro Series A), figured i'd share:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

That's a great kit, where did you order it from? Or did you get people in Brazil to get it for you?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Inzaghi uses the dried intestine of every linesman in CL history to hold his luscious locks back.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mandalay posted:

It's perfect for dive bars :)

:golfclap:

I wear my kits to the gym, games and on gameday at the bar. Sometimes I wear them to the office on Fridays. It's fun, a lot of my coworkers ask me about it and I get to bore them to death with football talk.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Those are actually quite nice, though the Away is the nicest one. I wish Adidas would stop leaving "space" for the patches and just continue the stripes down the sleeve like Lotto used to.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I hate it when kit manufacturers get lazy put that stupid black rectangle with the sponsor on it instead of the individual sponsor letters or design. It always feels like its about peel off and it looks dumb. Milan's kit a few years ago was the same way and it sucks.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

ahahaha, Juventus's new kits are loving disgusting

Look at how thrilled they all look

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I don't mind them wearing the Italian colors, they are traditionally the most "Italian" team after all. I just think the jagged stripes look ridiculous and Im disappointed that yet another team with a cool sponsor has gone the way of online gambling.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Are there any good Italian kits this year?

Im biased of coures, but I think the Milan one is rather nice. Fiorentina's is class too.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

wicka posted:

Weren't they sponsored by a farm equipment company?

Yeah, Fiat's heavy machinery division. I thought it was pretty cool.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Fag Boy Jim posted:

goddamn

Baller as gently caress.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Stim posted:

That is ace; the third isn't bad but it reminds me too much of a PSG kit. Still pretty sweet. I have high hopes for the home kit now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Goddamit Puma, you give us a recoloured Motherwell printer jam and give Lazio this:

Home and third are pretty standard Lazio, but that away is just gross. The non-continuous stripes make it look like one of those one-strapped womens tops.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Are Uruguay kits sold out everywhere? They don't show up on minejersey, worldsoccershop, soccertriads, etc at all.

http://www.uksoccershop.com/categories/5_299_363.html

Pretty pricy though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

thehappyprince posted:

Pricey and that site is scam site and will rip you off

whoa, amazing that it's the first link on google. Thanks for the tip.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That's a ballin sponsor, I must say.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

So Fiorentina are having trouble closing the deal with a sponsor so in the meantime they'll have this on their kits

It means "Football is fun!"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

partipo posted:

this is incredibly unfortunate

it's pretty ridiculous, I hope they wrap up something soon.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mr.AARP posted:

poo poo, I just spit coffee everywhere when I read that :lol:. I can see why Balotelli wants to get out.

It's the Spanish that do this, but ok.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

ibroxmassive posted:

Juventus

Fiorentina

Inter (although this one talks about Italy in general)

Those are three of the biggest clubs in the country.

I was talking about the fruit thing; not general racism. Im well aware of the problem.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

ibroxmassive posted:

Fair enough, doubt Fiorentina would get away with 'Please stop calling black people niggers' though

Obviously not in those words, but if you're gonna put a bunch of bold text capital letters on your shirt, an anti-racism message would actually be a good idea.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Stim posted:

Milan released their new home shirt today. Looks pretty decent. Still think I prefer the away shirt but that's better than I was expecting.

Brilliant, all our kits this year are rather nice.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Saw this ad in the Gazzetta Dello Sport this morning - I love that the first word on the bottom is STYLE. I know where our priorities lie.

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

E: forgot to mention the giant loving :smug: on Boriello

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jul 30, 2010

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan's badge has stayed relatively static for most of its history but at one point (I think in the early eighties, I was too young to remember) we had this

No lie, it kinda ruled.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

sticksy posted:

That looks absolutely miserable, i wonder how much that thing weighs after 90 minutes.

The funny thing is, if those're like the old Kappa kits, almost nothing. It looks sopping wet but it doesn't feel like a cotton t-shirt or anything. They're very lightweight.

Obviously, Im not a pro but I do sweat a lot!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

No pics yet, but Fiorentina have made a deal with the charity "Save the Children" to have them as their kit sponsor. It's not a sponsor, per se, but more like Barcelona and Villa where the team actually pays them.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mutande posted:

Anyone order from SubsideSports? They have a lot of stuff I want, just wonder what experiences others have had with them.

I've gotten a kit from them. Reasonably quick, the real deal, no issues.

I would tell you which kit it was, but I don't remember, it's a Milan kit, but I have no idea what year.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

TomSellek posted:

Haha that shirt is a ripoff of Polish team Korono Kielce, Barcalona residents already get called polacos enough, maybe it went to their head

Lecce had one already too

Bassano Virtus, a Serie C2 side near my old house has been playing with those colors for a long time as well.

e: Oh hey, they got promoted last year. Serie C1 now.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 16, 2010

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

the posted:

If you'll notice, it's missing the patch on the right sleeve, which is also shown here. That was the only thing wrong with it. Can anyone tell me what it is, and if I can somehow order the patch separately?

That's the patch for the Lega Calcio, which doesn't exist as of this season. Looks like you can find it on eBay.

That's the logo for the league that used to encompass Serie A and Serie B. They split this season and are now know as the Lega Serie A and the Lega Serie B, and the logos are different. If you're curious, the patch on the left is the one teams get to wear for winning the Coppa Italia.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 19, 2010

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Raptor Jesus posted:

the tmobile on those jerseys looks photoshopped

I have a Milan shirt from a few years ago where the bwin logo is part of an iron-on black patch. Adidas sometimes does crap like that, it looks like poo poo but it's the real deal.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dear Sergio posted:

it looks pretty solid compared to the current home kit. also those nfl jerseys own.

e: a friend of mine has just shown me the new brazil shirts. holy poo poo they are hideous.

Click here for the full 623x720 image.

Click here for the full 632x720 image.

eugh.

MY FIANCEE was browsing Lance! the other day and she showed me the gallery of pics they had for this. Apparently behind the badge, on the inside of the shirt, there's a little canary.

Kinda cool, even though nobody will see it!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

wicka posted:

No, just no. Everything Adidas touches is awful and Puma has only come good for the various African nations.

Italy's Euro 08 shirts were pretty nice. The WC ones were terrible though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

grvm posted:

I mostly agree with this, but I think the Roma kits by Kappa are great.

Samp's Kappa kits are also sweet.

I also like Siena's

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

CaptainRightful posted:

Decent if you really like Partick Thistle, Watford, and/or McDonald's.

or Lecce!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Or windows 3.1 hot dog stand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

gently caress

Off

This is monumentally stupid. The quote, not T-Gulp's response.