Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.
I've got a weakness for the current Spurs third kit.

Also, the 125th anniversary shirt:

Favourite one from the time I've been supporting them - the Holsten sponsored kit when we had Klinsmann and Sherringham:

Seeing as there's the traditional punks/St Pauli crossover, here's the St Pauli camo shirt:

And you know, all I ever really wanted for Christmas was a Dukla Prague away kit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Irn--Bru posted:

Well, the new Chelsea home kti was revealed today and it was indeed the one shown in the leaks a while back.

Looks like poo poo :(

Right, so they've switched from the royal blue they use on the badge to a shade of pastel blue. Good plan. Doesn't look bad at all, and I foresee massive replica sales.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

manchego posted:

I'm going to get a Boro top with Pissflaps on the back.

Middlesbrough Tour De France cycling team?

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Jollzwhin posted:

Horrible quality but our kits have leaked:

I have to say I love the white one, looks fantastic.

Without being able to see the detail, those like seriously good. A nice plain blue home, slight shoulder highlights on the darker blue, and that slash on the white one is just a great individual look. They're similar to the England kit, in that they're simple, and there's something about that which adds a lot of class.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

When talking about bad kits, this one has to be mentioned. VfL Bochum once decided it would be a good idea to be a whore and color one half of the jersey in the rainbow colors of the sponsor's logo.

What kind of following do they have?

"It's fun to play at the YMCA."

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Pour le Merite posted:

Bochum is a factory town in an area known for its steel industry and coal mining. Their fans are mostly local and working-class.

So just the kind of team to get a half rainbow kit then?

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
Do like the Portsmouth kit. Mainly because Canterbury have used a rugby template, so it's something different in the Premier League.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
Importing a question that someone asked in the Champions League semis thread while it was descending into statsmageddon - have any players ever shown off their swapped shirts?

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Post more kits

3rd kits that look ok

Barcelona

ManU

Liverpool

Real Betis

You could just have said "I have a hard on for blue kits."

Interesting thing - Stafford Rangers are having a competition for people to submit entries for their new kit. Compo here. Some entries so far here. Closes on Thursday.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Ka0 posted:

new celtic kit has plaid shorts

Holy poo poo... Do they come with a tam o'shanter as well?

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

what about if you get TOP CHANTER 46 on the back

You get to go on the pitch at the club and shout at people.

This also works if you just buy a sheepskin jacket and convince people you're the new manager.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Bacon of the Sea posted:

One thing that always throws me, clubs with simple crests. It must be a nightmare including them in a kit as more then an after thought.

I'd like to see one like that enlarged to take up most of the kit - go with a half blue/half white diagonal split. Could look really drat good.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
Sort it out man - you're leeching there.

On the subject of it, will the Hibs players actually glow on the pitch like that? If so, that's the greatest kit ever.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Necaxa's shirt entry on "Spot the Sponsors"

I recognise most of them, but what do this Necaxa company do?

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
For those who are going on about the Linfield model, bear in mind it's a similar accent to Ian Paisley.

http://www.clipser.com/watch_video/118359

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Some Clown posted:

First Linfield, now Glentoran. What is it with Irish teams and pre-roast publicity shots?

That's either really poor lighting, or the two at the back look like they're added in afterwards.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

st0rmjunkie_xl posted:

Thought I'd share this site if people aren't aware of it:

http://www.cultzeros.co.uk/products.asp?cat=140

I've purposely linked to the Birmingham City page on it, but there is one for pretty much every club and it's amazing. Not football kits by any means but football related shirts.

I want to either get one with Olivier Tebily with the word 'bombscare' written underneath, or one with Heskey and 'Mission accomplished, return to base' on it.

They've got Campbell on the Spurs one.

Temptation to get it with "Sol, Sol, wherever you may be..."

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Directorman posted:

ooooooh! I'm excited! :swoon:

I don't think single colour full body stockings are the way to go.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

ICA posted:

Glory comes in three colours apparently. Slogan means literally nothing.

Better that than "To Wear Is To Do". That was just annoying as all hell.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

ICA posted:

Terrible aye. I dunno where it's from though.

Corruption of the club motto 'To Dare Is To Do'. Motto should still be the latin 'Audere Est Facere', very annoying they changed it.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
Not kit, but football related shirts.

http://www.iffyton.co.uk/a-kick-up-the-grass/fancy-dans/barcelona-supporters-city-of-manchester

http://www.tshirtsunited.com/catalogue/tshirts/enemy/spot-the-difference-tshirt.html

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
Someone put this up on FSC.

Click here for the full 768x576 image.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Spurs have fallen for the breast indicators as well? I hope this isn't a larger trend then it needs to be.

Hmmmm. Better than the training bra, but I see your point.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
Everton, running Chelsea a close second in the "worst bra style top" stakes?

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Dudley posted:

3 matches.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

ibroxmassive posted:

He looks like he's rapping.

"Maaaan City is hot as hell..."

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Irn--Bru posted:

In other news, even Umbro know that the new Hearts kit is really poo poo. They don't want anyone to see it.

I wish they'd gone back with "Hello, we're British, not American. Thank you." I hope FSC are British.

calcio posted:

As much as I want to believe the soccer triad kits are authentic I'm not convinced at these prices. Has anyone that's ordered one compared it against a real authentic their friend has or in a store?

Yes, and it was spot on. I think the most likely answer is that they're from the same factory. See here.

quote:

Some counterfeits are produced in the same factory that produces the original, authentic product, using the same materials. The factory owner, unbeknownst to the trademark owner, orders an intentional 'overrun'. Without the employment of anti-counterfeiting measures, identical manufacturing methods and materials make this type of counterfeit (and it is still a form of counterfeit, as its production and sale is unauthorized by the trademark owner) impossible to distinguish from the authentic article.

I know it's a Wikipedia link, but I've heard of this practice before.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Voluspa posted:

I like the navy blue, the yellow stripes on white look.. wrong. the yellow kit is just plain ugly.

Yeah, agreeing with this. Compared to some of the travesties we've seen for next season, I can easily live with this. Like to see some better pictures, but I the navy blue (which I hope is the away) looks good.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
Right, I need to know the best place to order the new England shirt to be delivered in the USA. Ideas?

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

harperdc posted:

If it's somebody ordering from the U.S., World Soccer Shop, soccer.com, and Subside Sport are tops. Subside might be your best bet if it is a gift (UK ordered, sent to US), now that I think about it.

Yeah, it's a father's day present. Figuring out best way at the mo, Subside don't seem to have the plain England shirt - just the one with the poppy and forces detail?

Actually, £40 in Sportsworld, or $79.99 on the US sites. Hmmmm.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Directorman posted:

Football Shirt Culture reporting this

sweet jesus :psyduck:

gently caress. gently caress. gently caress.

gently caress.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

greazeball posted:

I hope so, they already ruined my birthday.

"Happy birthday! I got you sued."

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Bland posted:

Oh boy.

Jesus loving christ.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

ICA posted:

Showing the kits floating like that is so low rent.

The invisible model also has really hosed legs. One going backwards and all that.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

Directorman posted:

Amen dude. The 07/08 home shirt really is great. I like the 04/05 too :shobon:

Yeah, last season's is nice. Really liked the ones around the end of the Holsten sponsorship as well.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

real_scud posted:

You only think that because the only team in London that should be wearing a white jersey is Spurs. We should never have any white jersey at all, and to now have another is retarded.

Pretty much along the lines of if we decided that a red away kit was a good idea. Bearing in mind people still got almightly pissed off if even the sponsor has any red in it.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
Let's just face it, those really raise the bar. I don't even mean for this season, they're some of the best shirts I've seen, and Man City fans are bloody spoilt with them all.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

c0burn posted:

Did we laugh at Evertons away kit yet?

loving hellfire. I mean, really, who the hell comes up with something like that when asked to design a football kit...?

Jollzwhin posted:

The only team more likely to be sponsored by Waitrose are Fulham.

Interesting factoid - Waitrose's headquarters in Bracknell are about 11 miles from Reading's stadium. It's actually full on local sponsorship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

MJ_Turbo posted:

Leaked pics of our new away kit, a bit fruity but I like it.

Click here for the full 950x285 image.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Properly unveiled tomorrow but I have no patience.

Those portsmouth kits are really nice.

A bit fruity?