Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil
Horrible quality but our kits have leaked:

I have to say I love the white one, looks fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

They are mock-ups done by fans after hearing some details about the kits. The stripe is the wrong way round on the away kit. My photo is the real deal (just grainy).

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

things americans like:

official/family tartans

The tartan shorts are utterly vile, I don't get how anyone could like that poo poo.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

The City leaked pictures are confirmed, but still no official pictures until 1 June. Come on City sort it out! Also the shirts are apparently going to be £40 which is a loving rip off, but I'm still buying the red/black stripe on white one, which is apparently the 3rd kit not the 2nd. Shame, it's lovely.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Seriously this has got to be the worst season for kits ever.

Except for ours anyway.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Not until mid-July, and it's bloody lovely, especially the 3rd kit.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Is the 3rd kit the white or the black one? Both are pretty sweet, but I'm quite partial to the black/orange Valencia style combo.

White kit is the 3rd kit, black kit is the away kit. A bit of a shame because the white kit is by far the best, but the black away kit is threatening I guess.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Miles O'Brian posted:

Its sad to me that you get increasingly obscure companies showing up on shirts. When I was a kid I used to think Sharp and United were some sort of special friends or something, it really drives home that its just advertisement space for sale in a completely financial world when you get companies you wont have heard of and wont ever see or use their products or services.

I mean, it totally works. Millions of people have been googling Aon today, but it has ruined the fantasy for my 12 year old self.

It's harder to avoid buying AON-related products. It was much easier to boycott Sharp or Vodafone.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Some stupid sneak preview thing of the new City kits, at least we know that the leaked pictures are real and the bits we can see look loving great:

Home

Away

3rd Kit

Keeper

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Grez posted:

Much as it makes the bile rise those city shirts do look classy, in spite of the comedy badge. I didn't realise Umbro were sticking with the England retro theme for their clubs too.

Cook has confirmed when we get to a final we will get the Manchester coat of arms as our badge as we always have. Will look even classier.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

I don't like it.

It isn't ghastly like half the new kits this year, but equally it's not very good at all.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

New Boro kit looks like a Cornetto.

You just made me go and eat a cornetto. I was lovely.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

A Championship kit for a Championship team.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

The Telegraph loving around but it looks like a fairly good mock-up of United's latest effort. What a loving abortion, ugh.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

The Mash posted:

Upon closer inspection, the new United kit, while terrible, is slightly less repulsive than the Adidas sportsbras

This is true, the sportsbras really are something else. Can't wait until the official City kit launch so we can see them in better shots.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Shrapnac posted:

I think it may actually be a magic eye and it's subliminally telling me to like it.

It's loving hideous. The grey one was worse though.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

I can't afford it but I'm buying the poo poo out of the Home and 3rd kits. No players on the back though, I don't want to curse anyone.

The away kit is actually an all-black affair that looks really classy too, but black isn't my thing.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

TheGoatFeeder posted:

This is an interesting point, how much say (if any) do you reckon clubs have when it comes to new kits, I mean surely someone at United realised that was poo poo, and surely they would have said something if they had the chance to change it.

Of anyone you'd think United would have the clout to tell their designers to gently caress off. Is that stripe laser blue? It looks like it.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

The only team more likely to be sponsored by Waitrose are Fulham.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Craiglen posted:

City have to be the only club on the loving planet with "purely decorative" stars above their crest. Seriously, just drop them and then stick them there when you win a few Champions League titles, they're probably all going to come in the next decade anyway. Possibly.

We don't like it either, and most fans favour a return to the old badge

although we have been promised that we will get the Manchester coat of arms on our kit when we get to a final, as is our tradition. (I'm sure someone will again make a snide comment about how long that will be).

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Manchester City have a Ricky Gervais character discussing making their kits. The differences he points out as visionary are pretty extraordinary: "The old kit had a sash that went this way, right, but I put some new innovative thinking to use, right, and I thought, well, what if the sash went... THAT way :mmmsmug:"

He really did manage to make designing some awesome kits sound incredibly boring. Despite that, good feature for Adebayor looking smug when he pulled on the different kits.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Nothus posted:

There's no way Emirates lets their logo get shrunk down that small.

Because it isn't done that much, it probably actually draws more attention to the brand. If every club did it it wouldn't work of course.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

even if they had to pay back some money it would be worth it. Big logo and new crest isn't the end of the world either.

If your new kit is anything near as good as City's you will be laughing :hfive:

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

partipo posted:

Joining the 'That looks poo poo' chorus.

Don't need to say much more than this, it's vile.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

black.lion posted:

oh please oh please oh please make this attractive Umbro :pray:

They accidentally uploaded them to the Umbro blog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Mandalay posted:

It's a clean, attractive shirt but lacks any identification to the club IMO.

Um? It's a classic City shirt.