Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Scikar posted:

There doesn't seem to be anything solid but apparently those are the home and away shirts for the full season.

EDIT: That or this is. I don't know.

This is a combination of two Nike templates, both from World Cup 2006. The stripe across the neck is from the template that Mexico used, the rest of it is the kit that the United States and Brazil(among others probably) used.

My current favorite shirt, one that I actually wear, is the blue Manchester United shirt from this year with the 1968 European Cup stuff on it.

One that I really like is this one, Manchester United 2000/01. Originally a training top that they ended up wearing in a few matches.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 1, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fyuz posted:

Yep it was brilliant. Got it at home somewhere with just the number 8 on the back. Can't believe it's so old as to be from 92 - 94 though, wow. Too small for me now of course....

What size is it? I'd buy that poo poo from you right now.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

8raz posted:

I don't think any player has the actual trophies they won at home. ;)

From wikipedia:

* PFA Young Player of the Year: 2000–01[21]
* UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2004–05
* UEFA Champions League Final Man of the Match: 2004–05
* FIFA Club World Championship Silver Ball: 2005
* PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2008-09
* PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2005–06[21]
* FA Premier League Player of the Month: March 2001, March 2003, December 2004, April 2006, March 2009
* FA Cup Final Man of the Match: 2005–06
* FIFPro World XI: 2006–07, 2007–08
* UEFA Team of the Year: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07
* PFA Team of the Year: 2000–01, 2003–04, 2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09

Where are those trinkets? You can see champagne bottle which are given to MotM winners for individual matches.

Bolded, what?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the new England shirt. It's just too classy not to.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Irn--Bru posted:

Apparently the actual kits that the England team wear are tailor made for each player. Shame that doesn't come with the replicas!

They are selling them by chest size though, 34, 36, etc. not just small medium large so you should be able to get a more fitted size than usual.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rhg0061r posted:

Am I the only one who read parmo at the bottom of his shirt?

Literally the post after the picture.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

luvd posted:

It upsets me that I could have been paid £10,000 and designed a better kit than that Bolton monstrosity.

Either stripes or no stripes, not both. There, the kit is fixed.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

real_scud posted:

Looks like the blue pint-stripe Arsenal away kit has been confirmed and I think for once I might not actually buy the new kit because I find it staggeringly ugly. Maybe seeing the team actually play in it will change my mind, kind of like the old gold SEGA away kit from 01/02

'It's nice to have a contrast with the red home kit,' says Theo

That's the point you dumbass.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ICA posted:

So it has history? That's cool, I like that then. It is kinda funny though in light of Spurs' recent 'success'.

Is the Carling Cup in 2008 really that long ago? Sure it's a Mickey Mouse trophy but they've won a trophy more recently than Arsenal, Chelsea, or Liverpool.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8081787.stm

yeah we minted

From an insurance company to a reinsurance company, how quaint.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Grez posted:

I would never buy a Candy appliance.

edit: Or a Brother printer.

Autoglass can gently caress right off too.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jollzwhin posted:

Cook has confirmed when we get to a final we will get the Manchester coat of arms as our badge as we always have. Will look even classier.

Oh man, so when never rolls around you guys will look great. Can't wait!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ICA posted:

Do you have both an Aston Villa and an Arsenal top?

And a Barca and a Real Madrid top and an AC Milan and an Inter Milan top. The boy is confused, let him be. But that's an E36 in the driveway so I forgive him.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dudley posted:

Maybe he's just bought them because he likes the players concerned.

Or indeed because they just look good, although that doesn't explain that chequered monstrosity.

I dunno, Croatia kits are pretty awesome.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheNakedJimbo posted:

These are my favorite two that I own:

Left: Creative re-imagining of Portugal's Euro 2004 shirt (see right sleeve). It's a surprisingly good conversation starter.

Right: Barcelona's 2004-2005 third kit. I absolutely love it because it's so unique.

Not pictured: Fiorentina. Real men wear purple.

Man, those might be the worst knock off shirts I've ever seen.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MattWPBS posted:

Right, I need to know the best place to order the new England shirt to be delivered in the USA. Ideas?

Try onionbag.com. Their shipping is usually a one day turnover and depending on where you live you can get the item the next day.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EnsGDT posted:

oh my

What in the gently caress is that?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hummel, you so crazy.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Craiglen posted:

Tangent. St James' Park has to to be the largest stadium not in the top tier in any country. Would that be right?

One can always hope.

Edit: Just checked, it's the 3rd largest club stadium in England, only smaller than the Emirates and Old Trafford(and Wembley).

Elland Road holds the distinction of being the largest stadium in League One, :lol:Leeds:lol:.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 22, 2009

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

harperdc posted:

if it's anything like the MLS' Red Bull New York, then apathy.

I'd go with ennui, it sounds classier.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seattle Sounders!

Bonus XBox nerd points.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CubanMissile posted:

Does anyone else have a problem with Nike kits having really tight sleeves? I like the way my L USA home shirt fits in every way but that. And no I do not have any "guns" to speak of.

I like the tight sleeves because they show off my massive guns. Curls for the gurls, brah!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Shorts suck, shirt is incredibly average. I'm kinda disappointed.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bacon of the Sea posted:

It's their centenary season as well. I hope heads roll.

Maybe that's why they went with a simple, solid shirt. To hearken back to the olden days.

I kinda like them myself, just a simple kit with no frills.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

United should use the keeper shirt as their away/third. It's so much nicer than the home.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheNakedJimbo posted:

Agreed, this one and the Chelsea manboobs model are beyond terrible.

Is there any chance that they're so awful that sales will be markedly lower this year? I could see that sending a message to both teams. Of course I think it's far more likely that people will buy them anyway, thus tacitly encouraging miserable design and/or mesh pectorals.

Chelsea's 2nd and 3rd kit are pretty nice so sales for those will probably be up.

United should have a new 2nd and 3rd this season as well. I've bought the 2nd and 3rd over the red shirt in recent years so hopefully they'll do something good with those.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Outrespective posted:

The Sun has posted their worst XI of football kits for those who want to invest in some nostalgia.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2497034/Our-worst-XI-of-the-most-tasteless-kits-in-football.html

I didn't realise Villa had such a horrible strip in 94.

The 1991 Manchester United kit is class, I dunno what the Sun is talking about. The rest are universally terrible though. If I had to pick a United kit it would be the blue/black tiger stripe one from 1992/93.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Outrespective posted:

91 is hella ugly I'm afraid I agree with the sun here :(

It's like a blue and white static noise.

I think it may actually be a magic eye and it's subliminally telling me to like it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

harperdc posted:

Nike have been much better, cleaner, and less reliant on spamming all their teams with one template than Adidas have in the past three or four years. Pretty much everything since WC 2006 has been inoffensive at the least, if not superb. Compare this with Adidas giving many of their teams the same look, and doing things like the man-bra that many of this season's new shirts have...

[edit] I guess what I'm saying is many of the jersey 'spergers out there are liking what Nike is doing much, much more than Adidas or Puma.

Nike learned their lesson with the Total 90 kits from 2004/05. Nobody likes looking at the same shirt over and over with the colors switched.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

More City shirts:

loving City. I'm such a sucker for simple, classy kits.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Has there ever been a case of a player refusing to play/be sold to another club because he despises a strip that much?

Fergie banned a kit in 1995, including making the players change shirts at halftime because he didn't think the players could see each other on the pitch.

For reference.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Craiglen posted:

I have that full kit somewhere.

I bought the shirt on eBay a year or two ago for a cool :10bux: shipped.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dudley posted:

I don't have a problem with the colours but the Chevron in those colours just doesn't work for me at all.

Either a white chevron or a red chevron would have worked better. The blue is awful.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ibroxmassive posted:

West Ham and Rangers are apparantly the B team for Umbro, as you can see with the home West Ham Kit.

I had Umbro checked shorts like that when I was 6. I'm 24 now.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Russ posted:

A Nice Arse strip

What's the writing under the Nike logo?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mickolution posted:

I think I've seen players booked for just lifting their shirt over their head like that with nothing under it. Don't know about Spain though, that was probably Premier League. I'm sure Trin can confirm/deny.

Dani Alves got booked in the Confederations Cup for lifting his shirt up, but not taking it off, after scoring.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoover Dam posted:

Eh, be realistic and just work your way up to Bornstein.

Wouldn't you have to work your way down to Bornstein and then work your way back up to Bocanegra?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sanskrit Scat posted:

They went to the thin stripes so the home kits would make Fat Ronaldo a bit less fat.

And Ronaldinho before they shipped him off to Italy.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

wayth posted:

gently caress off. that was an actual kit and not a joke? :psyduck:

I'm failing to see where it wasn't a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The sponsor logo is awful. It looks like they're sponsored by 1990s Nickelodeon.