Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

New Bayern kit is the same loving awful Addidas template.

https://wi.somethingawful.com/cb/cb77c6acf540bf701b8d577c3f31bb3223d8a464.jpg

This looks slightly less terrible, but I still hate it. I hate the zipper and the fact that it's two different shades of red. Also hate the akward collar. This is such a lovely template.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

real_scud posted:

Looks like the blue pint-stripe Arsenal away kit has been confirmed and I think for once I might not actually buy the new kit because I find it staggeringly ugly. Maybe seeing the team actually play in it will change my mind, kind of like the old gold SEGA away kit from 01/02

What's the deal with the collar? It looks like a golf shirt as Theo is wearing it at different heights on each side. It's just weird looking. Other than that, I gotta say, I really like it (especially since the shorts are the same color as the kit). I just don't see the real hate for it. It's far better than the lovely Adidas template.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Barcelona's keeper shirt should be their away shirt/third shirt. The lovely away shirt should be the goalkeeper shirt.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I'm debating whether or not I want to get one of the new Arsenal away kits. Kitbag has them for $60 and they start shipping at the end of June. Shipping is shockingly reasonable for overseas prices.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

real_scud posted:

If you get letters on them know that they're not the normal felt kind and instead are cheapo plastic ones.

Is getting it from World Soccer Shop going to be any better than Kitbag?

e: Oh. You meant names and numbers right? I'm just getting a blank one so it should be fine?

Akileese fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 26, 2009

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

calcio posted:

I haven't bought a Roma kit in years and won't until either they ditch Kappa or they stop making tight form fitting kits. I've let my C.Ronaldo figure morph more into the other Ronaldo :(

That and their kits haven't really changed enough in the last couple of years to warrant purchasing one. I think the ones from the last 3 or so have been virtually identical except for minor differences.

That being said, I still like their kit (though the sponsor logo is fairly ridiculous).

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

real_scud posted:

Oh hey look we came out with a new 3rd kit and it's another loving ugly white one.

edit: Look here's a link to more pictures of the ugly kit.

I don't see too much of a problem with it. It just seems like a reversed version of the away kit.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

luvd posted:

Get this:

First off, what the gently caress is that?

Secondly, those City shirts are amazing. It's nice to know Umbro kept things simple and didn't try to over design the shirt. An example of this is putting a loving sports bra on your kit.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

GravityDaemon posted:

That Juve kit is the wrong color - the real one is straight black and white and not blue-ish like that one. It's nicer I think.

e: Oh, that one's just whitewashed. Well here's the real one.

Holy poo poo that's awesome. I really kind of want one.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The Mash posted:

I don't think it's that bad, honestly

I kind of agree. I don't think it's tremendous by any stretch, but people are just flipping out because it has pink lines on it. It could be a hell of a lot worse (See anything by Adidas).

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I didn't see this posted but the Phildelphia Union kit for 10/11.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/image/philadelphia-union-10-11-adidas-home-shirt-2_(1).jpg

I really kind of like it. It doesn't look as ridiculous as most of the poo poo Adidas has been coming out with. I'm just not sure if I like it, or if I like it by comparison.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 19, 2009

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Hieronymus Bosch posted:

I like the Philly kits, but I know they've come under a lot of poo poo for it.

I'm not sure I like the gold away kit. I'd have to see the real shirt and not just a mock up though.

e: Sorry about the 404. The URL cut off the last 4 characters for some reason. I fixed it in the other post so the home kit should load properly.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r315/aawags11/WC102.jpg

Does anyone have any idea when the US World Cup shirt is going on sale? This is apparently it. It's suppose to go for a commemorative look from the 1950 shirt when they beat England 1-0 (What I read on football shirt culture).

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

cheese posted:

Seriously the pin strike US home white kits are suddenly all gone from the big sites. Help me out here.

Ill be honest..I check most of those sites regularly and I haven't seen them ever since the new kit was leaked. The official site is even sold out of them so that's a pretty bad sign.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

euroboy posted:

it's hideously ugly, but i dunno, it looks very comfortable...

It looks warm as hell too. I feel it's okay to wear jerseys, team jackets is sort of weird though. At the same time though, that's a really nice jacket though. Of course, I have an Arsenal fleece so who the hell am I to talk.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

luvd posted:

Think it's lovely personally.

Yes and no, sometimes they make it cluttered but this one looks really stream lined and nice.

E -

Got high hopes for next years Arsenal kit after seeing the current Nike ones.

Apparently the shirt next year is going to resemble the 1971 shirt to celebrate the 125th anniversary.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

wicka posted:

The 1971 shirt is just red with white sleeves, if those rumors are true then it will resemble practically every shirt we've ever had with the exception of our current ones and the 05/06 redcurrant shirt.

Yeah I know..Thats why I was kind of baffled when I read it. It was revealed on Arsenal Insider and they're pretty much calling it fact (as well as getting exclusive first looks at upcoming shirts) so maybe they have something going on.

Whatever, I'd still get it.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

luvd posted:

"leaked" new kit, could be fake but if it isn't it'll be my favourite kit of all time

absolutely beautiful

e -

the more i look at it the less convinced i am it's real, it just doesn't look right

high effort/quality fake though if it is

I've never wanted a possible fake to be real more than this. I really want this to be real.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

I miss Heritage Hampers

I miss your old avatar. Your new one makes me laugh too hard whenever I see it. Actually busted out into tears because of it.

I don't hate Fly Emirates really. It's not a bad sponsor to have but it doesn't look as good as the o2 one did.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Bacon of the Sea posted:

I hate it when you wash a medium twice and it goes all bill and ted

I wear XL shirts but usually wear XXL football jerseys for that reason. My RBNY kit was pretty big on me the first time but one or two times through the wash and its more snug. I usually get XXL's for Nike kits since they're usually even tighter than the Adidas ones.

e: Holy loving poo poo. Kitbag is basically giving away the Pompey away kits. They're like $15 but all they have is XXL and XXXL haha. I think I'll buy one and shrink it down.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 4, 2010

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Has anyone ever had issues placing an order on kitbag? I live in the U.S. and no matter the payment or shipping type I use, I can't get the order to go through. I threw them an e-mail but there's no way I'm calling them since it's international.

I solved it. Definitely some type of issue using a CC when ordering from US to the UK, but I got paypal to work by logging into my account first then checking out.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 4, 2010

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Meat Wagon posted:

Stoke have unveiled their new strip:

It looks shite.

Compared to the pile of poo poo adidas has been trotting out the last few years I think it's fairly nice? :confused:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

luvd posted:

'ITK mock up'

I don't want to see those horrible half piping on my Arsenal kit. Make it go away :(

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

cheese posted:

I waited too long hoping that the Liverpool keeper would go on clearance and now it is sold out on both soccertriads and bornprosper :(

I don't know what you were looking to spend but kitbag has them for $30 right now. Only problem as usual is the only sizes are XL and 3XL.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

Does the Emirates logo look photoshopped on to anyone else?

Didn't even realize it until you pointed it out but yeah the more I look at it I think that's probably a fake.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

FSC and footballshirts.co.uk have the leaks with the home and away

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/barca-home-away.jpg

I know we saw the home with villa sporting it, but I think that away kit is hideous as gently caress.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Honestly, its the whole red and blue on turquoise that kills it for me. Turquoise itself can be worked in a kit, but putting red yellow and blue on it just doesn't loving work.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Lyon's three kits for 10/11 got leaked and the home is class, but the away and third, dear god...The more I look at the away kit, it's not too bad, but the third is just horrendous.

home:http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Lyon.jpg
away:http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Lyonaway.jpg
third:http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Lyonthird.jpg

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

you lot need thicker sleeve stripes

I kind of like the thick sleeve stripe to be honest and it looks more like a traditional Arsenal shirt. I'll definitely be getting one.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

jerseyboyji posted:

A steal at $30 on eBay. Classic. Can't wait for the tenth.

loving hell I've been looking for one for ages. I used to have one when I was like 13 but I outgrew it and ended up getting rid of it :(

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

GravityDaemon posted:

ahahaha, Juventus's new kits are loving disgusting

Look at how thrilled they all look

The one on the far left is actually an Italian Flag version of the Arsenal goalkeeper kit iirc.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Irish Thunder posted:

The legit shirts in the US are 3x the price for an indistinguishable knockoff from SoccerTriads/other sites.

I'd love to buy a legit Spurs shirt but not for $120 shipped. You can just gently caress off.

Worldsoccershop typically sells them for 60-70 and like 10 dollars shipped.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Anyone who orders from soccer.com or Worldsoccershop can help me with this. I'm ordering one of the new Arsenal home kits but it's on presale. I'm just curious if you're billed straight away or billed when it's in stock and ships?

e: Actually, I can't decide if I want the home or away. I really like them both.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 11, 2010

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Kiros posted:

Yeah Chelsea is far more loved in the US.... but don't ask them to name more than 2 players.

Being an American who actually goes to MLS games I can tell you that most people in the US support one of Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool. It's not a surprise really. When you start getting into actual supporter's sections though the amount of teams supported diversifies. I know plenty of Fulham, Villa, Tottenham fans in my supporter's group. There's even a Stoke fan. That's just the Premiership as there are plenty of Bundesliga fans too.

Pretty much every Spanish speaking person I work with that watches football supporters either United, Milan, Real Madrid, or Barcelona. They're all from Central America though and don't really have ties to teams.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

harperdc posted:

try Subside Sports or World Soccer Shop, who have a whole department for them.

Subside sports also has a whole department for them with more club offerings. WSS is pretty much limited to MLS scarfs, a few English teams and a ton of international teams.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Apparently Pele reformed the NY Cosmos in some way or another and they have a shirt

http://tinyurl.com/2568f8l

Love the shirt and I'm definitely going to consider picking one up.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Dear Sergio posted:

it looks pretty solid compared to the current home kit. also those nfl jerseys own.

e: a friend of mine has just shown me the new brazil shirts. holy poo poo they are hideous.

Click here for the full 623x720 image.

Click here for the full 632x720 image.

eugh.

Oh god thats the loving new Nike template isn't it? Take the stupid ugly hideous bars off the sleeve and put it right in the front.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

WHAT A BREAKFAST posted:

Bayern is the new Spain o_O

I can't stare at that for more than 10 seconds without it making my eyes hurt.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Owns. In a really lovely sort of way, but it still owns.

I hate where the FFF patch sits though. With the blocky white background it just looks sort of lovely. I love the shirt itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

This is the rumored Arsenal away shirt. It's making the rounds on twitter.
:barf:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/pho...dhEEIbCh0hzI%3D