Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Mandalay posted:

Do you Man Utd guys ever stop and reflect that you're wearing the logo of a failed American company that has been front and center of this current financial recession?

Not trolling, honest question.

Not a United fan, but I am pretty sure they couldn't care less, I certainly couldn't, as soon as they stop getting paid by AIG they get a bigger deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

luvd posted:

boltons

What he said, the other one really isn't that bad.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Seriously this has got to be the worst season for kits ever.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Jollzwhin posted:

White kit is the 3rd kit, black kit is the away kit. A bit of a shame because the white kit is by far the best, but the black away kit is threatening I guess.

So tempted to buy all three this year, that seems kind of crazy because I only wear my football shirts to games and sometimes in the gym, but, I really like them all.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Not the best picture, but slightly better than the last grainy one:

Our kits for this season, really like all 3!

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

The Mash posted:

Yo this is the story all about how
our kits got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how we became the fittest squad in the premier (pronounce like americans do)

In saudi arabia
we found a sheikh
couple billions we had to spend
building a squad
robinho and barry
and that welsh prick too
all in the hopes
that our fans wouldn't boo
when a guy called perez
who was up to no good
started putting bids in for any player half good
we got in one bidding war and our sheikh got scared
he said we're bidding
on players who are mediocre

Not sure whether to tell you this is awesome, or, suggest you have a lot of time on your hands - Think I will go with option 1.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Electro Panic posted:

Jesus thats a lot of different shirts. Home, Away, Third, GK Home, GK Away, GK Third, 2x training tops?

I think there's a couple of jackets in there too.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Bloody hell, just when I thought people couldn't laugh at Newcastle any more they go and unveil that.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Got my free pair of tickets to see Doves because I was one of the first 2,500 to pre-order the new City home shirt, now I love it even more!

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Craiglen posted:

What in the gently caress are united thinking

This is an interesting point, how much say (if any) do you reckon clubs have when it comes to new kits, I mean surely someone at United realised that was poo poo, and surely they would have said something if they had the chance to change it.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

We've worn it before back in the 70's and we've played in red and black occasionally since the 60's.

This is correct, red and black has been our away kit on and off for as long as I remember and for a long time before I was born.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Proper picture of the new City away kit, might have to get this one too:

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

I've been to Florida and really enjoyed it :colbert:.

Having said that also been to the Rockies skiing a couple of times so I guess I have seen other bits of the country too.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Oh god I might own all 3 this season :geno:.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Jollzwhin posted:

We don't like it either, and most fans favour a return to the old badge

although we have been promised that we will get the Manchester coat of arms on our kit when we get to a final, as is our tradition. (I'm sure someone will again make a snide comment about how long that will be).

I'd kill to have that crest back have never liked the new one, not just because of the stars, just because its a bit crap all round really.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

The new City shirt has been leaked, remarkably similar to last season which on one hand isn't great because they are expecting people to pay for something which hasn't changed much, but if they had radically changed it I suppose there would have been backlash then too since it was so well received.

I like it, but not sure whether i'll buy it with it being so similar.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Sourpuss posted:

I just hope they dont do the same with the 2nd and 3rd kits.

They are keeping the 3rd kit for next season.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

MoPZiG posted:

Re: fulham. Has there ever been a Kappa kit in the top flight before?

Man City definitely had Kappa for a year or 2, pretty certain it was when we were in the Premiership too.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Really like that away kit, maybe it looks a bit too much like a training top, but I will definitely be getting one.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

So the City home shirt has now been unveiled and is the same as the leaked one from ages ago, so I won't post that (have bought the awesome away shirt though), however pictures of this new jacket have come out, inspired by the old Joe Mercer jacket, and I think its pretty cool.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Umbriago posted:

I don't see much difference between this year's City kit and last year's.

None really, it has a different collar and really faint pin stripes, and the sleeves are slightly different, but other than that its identical, bit of a cash in really. I am just going to buy the away and leave it at that.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

black.lion posted:

Yea, if you go on the city website there's a video that shows them recording it being sung at the stadium, turned into graphic, and so on and so forth - I'd link but the website is flash and I'm too lazy to find a url.

I'm so glad Joe Hart's home jersey is awesome since I missed my chance to get a home of his last season, but I really am starting to wish we could trade Oasis vocalists for a comedian with a hammer and twenty watermelons.....

Also coming out in support of the slightly off-putting collar extensions. I rather like them.

Done, not a huge fan of the shirt to be honest, not as good as the last 2 years but I suppose it will take a long time for those to be improved upon, I hate the fact that we will be wearing sky blue shorts as well.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Umbro are doing this t-shirt as a limited edition, love it!

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

c0burn posted:

Another awesome mockup

:allears:

(it won't happen)

That is a pretty awesome shirt, its pretty much the same as the one we had a couple of years ago, but red, obviously.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

A guy on the monumentally shite Bluemoon City forum has heard that the new City kit will have black trim and a blacked out badge, this is the mock up he created based on what he supposedly knows, I quite like it.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

These are clearly the jackets you want:

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

gently caress Man City. What you want is this bad boy here:

That is pretty awesome to be fair...

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

My flatmate owns this monstrosity from the early 90's:

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Old crests are something that I think 95% of fans would get behind, and yet noone is actually doing it.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Eric Cantona posted:

:allears: :sigh:

Those were the days! Obviously it doesn't work in most cases, but I still think loads of clubs could revert and it would go down really well.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

New City kit? Not sure I like it personally.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

Looks more like a training top to me, but who knows?

They've already unveiled the new training top I think, it isn't really like that, but I see what you are saying.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Semprini posted:

125th anniversary, so probably got told something like "Do it this way, or we'll offer a sponsorless version and flood the market with it"

Or for the same reason Etihad agreed to it, whatever that was.

Yeah it was a third shirt that was hardly ever worn, and it was a bit of a tribute, so I guess they didn't kick up a fuss over it.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

The Anti-Semite posted:

gently caress off.

Can't be legitimate, surely?

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

Here you go

I quite like the home one, though I prefer a straight band. Away looks a bit like pyjamas. Both spoiled by that big orrible green logo.

Marvin Emnes is still at Boro??

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

Yeah.

Keep an eye on Curtis Main if you want to know who you'll be paying £16,000,000 for in 18 months time.

I look forward to this day.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

edit - Wrong thread, sorry!

TheGoatFeeder fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 1, 2012

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Really hoping that with Nike owning Umbro we might still get good kits? Still it will be a truckload of more money which will all help with FFP.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

euroboy posted:

The box looks lovely imo

Hmm, I think its a bit basic actually, there are no flourishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Hardflip posted:

yeah, this was the one that showed up a few months back

Oh god, is this what City have to look forward too? :suicide: