Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Classics. Absolute classics.

Irn--Bru posted:

The current Chelsea away shirt

MoPZiG posted:

Orlando Pirates Home 2001-?

Sorry, the only people allowed to wear black shirts are referees and Lev Yashin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Theageofdust posted:

Also according to this website next year's Away kit will be hunter green.

http://www.epltalk.com/new-0910-arsenal-away-shirt-news/4324

Eventually sourced here: http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/arsenal-green-away-shirt-for-200910_2716

quote:

The colours at the time where quite a shock to fans, but now it is seen as a bit of a classic shirt.

And I'm the Fairy Tinkerbell. This would be just a slight exaggeration, along the lines of "Pal Lydersen was a useful squad player". It'd be the least necessary sequel since 2 Fast 2 Furious.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

MattWPBS posted:

Importing a question that someone asked in the Champions League semis thread while it was descending into statsmageddon - have any players ever shown off their swapped shirts?

The guy who swapped shirts with Maradona after the Hand of God match brought it on Soccer AM once. Pretty funny watching them try to work out whether they should be playing it as "omg Maradona's shirt!" or "boo, Maradona's shirt that he beat us in".

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

MattWPBS posted:

Someone put this up on FSC.

Click here for the full 768x576 image.

So, have Spurs finally officially admitted that they are in fact pisspoor? :laugh:

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

New OFFICIAL PROFESSIONAL GAME referee shirt:

Looks like a cheap training top, ridiculous white piping, shorts that don't match and look like they've been taken off a shelf in JJB for a fiver. Oh, and can anyone see a pocket anywhere?

You wouldn't think it's possible to gently caress up black shirt, black shorts, black socks with white tops, but there you go. Nice job, Umbro. It's even got a black collar, so if the great unwashed start buying it they're at risk of getting sanctioned by short-sighted county discipline departments.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

They switched from Emirates to Air Asia in about 06 or 07.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Dudley posted:

I think it came in the season after but I'd have the same objection then of course.

IIRC it was the season before Emirates switched from Chelsea to Arsenal.

quote:

Is it the euro refs that still have Emirates? I'm sure I've seen it recently.

Nope, referees in UEFA or FIFA competitions are currently still un-sponsored. Have you been watching any rugby or cricket recently? IRB rugby refs and elite cricket umpires have been running (or strolling) around with Fly Emirates branding for quite a few years now.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Dudley posted:

I actually don't think officials should be sponsored at all. It's the definition of a conflict of interest.

Oh, absolutely. Of course, if they didn't have sponsorship, where the hell else are they going to get the money to do anything? It's not like central investment in referee development could possibly improve football in any way, shape or form. Not when you could give that money to Arsenal so Wenger can get one step closer to achieving his dream of filling the team bath entirely with tenners.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I think it'd look better if some hooligan hadn't pissed all over the backdrop.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Ka0 posted:

New ParisStGermain kits

Do you know, I've got the strangest feeling that I've seen this one before somewhere...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Survey says:

quote:

While it is permissible for a player to demonstrate his joy when a goal has been
scored, the celebration must not be excessive.

Reasonable celebrations are allowed, but the practice of choreographed
celebrations is not to be encouraged when it results in excessive time-wasting
and referees are instructed to intervene in such cases.

A player must be cautioned if:
• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative,
derisory or inflammatory
• he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored
• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt
• he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence in itself but it is essential that players return to the field of play as soon as possible.

Referees are expected to act in a preventative manner and to exercise common
sense in dealing with the celebration of a goal.

Page 116, interpretations of Law 12. What a pile of poo poo. I love how at the end, just after it gets done putting us in the suspension device and gimp mask, it goes right back and says "oh by the way, remember your common sense, slave".

Oh, there's also an IFAB decision on Law 4:

quote:

Decision 1
Players must not reveal undergarments showing slogans or advertising. The
basic compulsory equipment must not have any political, religious or personal
statements.

Was that what Alves got stung for? AFAIK, you're still allowed to lift it up unless you cover your head or take your head out. There used to be some helpful pictures illustrating this, but they've been taken out of the LOAF this year, presumably for being too useful.