Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
No shirt is more beautiful than this. I'd love to find a long-sleeve version (I only have the short sleeves)

Click here for the full 960x1280 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

harperdc posted:

I would love so much to have a short-sleeve one of those shirts. I have one that's earlier and one of the Dreamcast-sponsored aways, but man, loooooooove the home shirt from those years.

They pop up on ebay every now and then. That's how I got mine.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Some Clown posted:

Why is he wearing the #62?

He's the 62nd Villa player to be called up to the England squad.

http://www.whenthenationcalls.com/timeline/

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 25, 2009

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Ka0 posted:

Misread this as Bolton, it's actually Boston United of america

Not sure if you're joking or not but that's Boston of Lincolnshire, not Boston of America.

Although the boston goals bits on soccer am were pretty funny to an american.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MattWPBS posted:

I don't think single colour full body stockings are the way to go.

Yeah how do they see through those things?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

real_scud posted:

I have almost all of the shirts going back to the early 90's. The one I'm missing that I really want is the tractor print shirt. But of course because it's so infamous for being so ugly they go for quite a lot on ebay whenever they appear.

Yeah I an because I live in Florida and there's almost never any need to ever wear slong sleeve shirts. The one I have I think I got because I picked it up in the Arsenal shop for something like £10 and I couldn't pass it up.

By tractor print do you mean this one? - http://unprofessionalfoul.com/2008/10/good-bad-wtf_22.html
or this one? - http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/yivKygLlpf8XC86eliyNCA

The top is probably what you mean, but the bottom one could be construed as tractor print i guess...

I have the bottom one and never wear it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Russ posted:

Hmmm turns out that Soccer Triads weren't trying to steal all my money because they sent a genuine Spain 09/10 shirt to me within a week for £18 including free delivery. I was assuming I was getting a high quality fake so to actually receive a real top with all the Adidas branded labels attached to it was a nice surprise. Welp time to buy £18 birthday presents for all my friends, claim they cost me £40 and expect a gift of a similar value in return for my birthday thanks Soccer Triads you are surprisingly less evil than your name suggests.

All the fake shirts I get on ebay have the nike or adidas tags and labels too, so tags don't really say much.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MattWPBS posted:

Yeah, it's a father's day present. Figuring out best way at the mo, Subside don't seem to have the plain England shirt - just the one with the poppy and forces detail?

Actually, £40 in Sportsworld, or $79.99 on the US sites. Hmmmm.

If you factor in shipping, that's pretty much the same.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Directorman posted:

It would appear that Lisbon have actually fared WORSE than the other Puma shirts so far.

Ugh, Puma, what in the hell?

Spurs looks worse. at least the trim doesn't look like urine on the green shirt.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Bland posted:

Oh boy.

This is the first thing I thought of.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

ibroxmassive posted:

The Sunderland home one suffers for the same reason as the away. BOYLESPORTS should either be completely whited out, or the whitespace should be cut, not some horrible between stage.

The Fulham home has the weird white stripes, which make the black on the sleeves look a bit silly.

Liverpool one looks alright, but the three stripes should have continued down the sleeve, not stopped halfway.

The wigan one looks pretty nice, and the Fulham home looks like this year's arsenal with a different colour scheme.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

What is Luton's sponsor here?

edit: Universal Salvage Auctions (1991 to 1999)

Thanks wikipedia.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

c0burn posted:

Did we laugh at Evertons away kit yet?

This thing reminds me of playing ultima on an old PC that only had CGA graphics.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Russ posted:

red and white hoops. You can't really get that wrong.

The bib and cape hoops shirt begs to differ.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

TheNakedJimbo posted:

I never say anything, but I support Villa. Since this is a kit thread, I might as well mention that their away kit last year was totally rad. This year's isn't bad, but I'm a total sucker for baby blue and black.

I have to agree that last year was a good year for away shirts. Marseille (I have a long sleeve of it) and Villa both had really nice aways.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

EC10 posted:

The new Barca home kits are all class, so much nicer than last years.

The thin stripes suck though. I wish they would go back to the fat stripes like they used to have.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Couch posted:

To be fair, the All Blacks announced their new blue away kit by rummaging through a dustbin and then stabbing their nan.

That made me laugh more than this does.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 10, 2009

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

wayth posted:

gently caress off. that was an actual kit and not a joke? :psyduck:

1978. It was the only year the team existed. Why did they have to make it two-tone to make it look like a half-shirt?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Mickolution posted:

Poorly touched up maybe? The bit in question looks a little bit like bad cloning in photoshop.

the white strip just meets up with the white side panels and it's billowing out.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

hecko posted:

Sorry It was the first phot I've found because the promotional pictures are awful.
Home kit.

away

That away is awful. Why didn't they just reverse it like they normally do?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
looks like it's embroidered with reflective thread to me.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

w00bi posted:

Is that an elephant in the shoulder image?

It's the elephant from the ivory coast badge.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Nothus posted:

drat, Adidas just can't make up it mind. On one hand, they go with timeless and simple like Argentina and South Africa. On the other, we get Mexico and the new Russia kit:

what

Not sure what you're saying, but this is loving awesome.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Hoover Dam posted:

That would be the difference between the "authentic" and "replica" jerseys.

Yeah I got the replica Revs shirt this year and it's not skintight.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

manchego posted:

Isn't the price difference between the fakes and authentic versions about 2 large pizzas or an evening at the bar?

Really need to jump through all these lovely hoops instead of just putting away $10 dollars a month at the beginning of season and buying it towards the end?

You impoverished shits.

It's just ordering from a site, no different than ordering from any other site. I see no extra hoops to jump through.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

foundationofnuness posted:

This apparently confirms that both of those are real.

Click here for the full 599x699 image.

I am trying to like the away kit but I can't bring myself to do it, it looks like a Bolton kit. Having said that, this year's kits did grow on me, eventually. :confused:

The sleeves on the away are ridiculous. It looks like a shirt from the early 90s. Aside from garish designs like these sleeves a lot of other teams are doing patterned fabric so it looks like all the trends from the 90s are coming back. Here's hoping arsenal bring back the tank tread/bruised banana look for their away shirts.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 26, 2010

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Shrapnac posted:

Yes. Although there's nothing official on that yet.

I'm pretty sure the local soccer shop in Acton, MA has it on a window display and they don't sell fake stuff. I'll drive by there tonight and snap a picture. I may be remembering wrong and they just had the away, but I don't think so.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GutBomb posted:

I'm pretty sure the local soccer shop in Acton, MA has it on a window display and they don't sell fake stuff. I'll drive by there tonight and snap a picture. I may be remembering wrong and they just had the away, but I don't think so.

Here's the picture I promised.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Berets and Eiffel Towers for France, bleh. These are nice designs I guess but they are just national stereotypes? A sausage and engineering stuff for Germany? They should just put a fat guy with a dunce cap on the USA shirt and the lion on the England shirt should have hosed up teeth.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Bobby Digital posted:

Looks p good.

She's wearing brazil shorts.

I wish I hadn't noticed.

:gay:

also her nipple is showing

:gizz:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

hecko posted:

A bit old , but I think this Boca jrs. shirt would sell well in Sweden.

The team colors were picked because a boat flying the Swedish flag came into the harbor and the guy that owned the team said he would pick the colors of the next boat to come into the harbor or something like that.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

oldman posted:

For you folks complaining about SoccerTriaids' printing. Don't buy an authentic Portland Timbers jersey. I bought one last Thursday and the printing became cracked that night. :(

The soccertriads printing is the same printing you'd get from JJB or any other sport shop.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

danifestmestny posted:

That is too good to be true.

(Someone else try it and let us know how it goes)

The fact that they tell you if the manufacturer patch is embroidered or printed implies that the shirts are fake. Those with printed patches will be bad fakes.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

cheese posted:

Would a medium be wearable on a 6'2" 215 guy? There are a couple of kits that was thinking about getting that are only available in medium or X-large.

I'm 6'1" 180. I used to be 6'1" 215. Mediums fit me fine now, but at 215 they were way too tight. XLs have always been too big for me though so there was a time I was wishing there was somewhere in between M and XL to get those bootleg shirts (the bootlegs on ebay all seem to come in M and XL too)

note: my weight was flab, not muscle, so if you actually have a fit body a tight shirt might be fine.

Bacon of the Sea posted:

I hate it when you wash a medium twice and it goes all bill and ted

I never dry my soccer shirts in a tumble dryer. I've never had any shrinking problems.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 4, 2010

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dear Sergio posted:

oh god

I have shirts from teams I'm not a fan of. I don't have shirts for any teams I hate (ok, I dislike inter but I have one of their shirts). I like soccer shirts. I'm not gonna claim to be a fan of some of the teams I have/want shirts of (Inter, Marseille, Aston Villa, Germany) but I can still want to wear the shirts because they are nice shirts.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dear Sergio posted:

can't be a coincidence that 3 of the 4 club teams you guys just named are champions of their respective countries.

The inter shirt is from 2008 and just looks nice, the marseille shirt is the cool argyle away number they had in 2009, the villa shirt is their away from the season before last, black and blue, and the germany shirt just looks awesome. I don't really have any strong feelings either way about any of these teams or their results. Just cool looking shirts. Maybe I should have said Man City's 3rd from last year because it's an awesome shirt without being tainted by the stink of victory.

Bovine Delight posted:

you buy tops to actually wear around? really?

I live in the United States where wearing soccer shirts around isn't considered "chavvy"

I just like wearing cool shirts.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Couch posted:

As an arsenal fan it's harder than it should be for me not to want to wear that

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

actionjackson posted:

I ended up using paypal with minejerseys. I ordered a Spain and Argentina one since I'm really like blue and navy. And no I really don't have any allegiances at this point, at least on the national level. I don't follow club football much yet.

Since you're new at this if you're an American please just call it soccer. Calling it football as an american makes you look like a twat who's into it to be different rather than into it to be into it.

Also as an American your number one allegiance should be for USA :colbert:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

cadmaniak posted:

My Germany Home shirt arrived today after 3 weeks :D marked as a gift as others have said. Quality is much better then I expected, could easily pass for real (if it isn't anyway). Had an official tag and everything, and the clima cool looks realistic too.

Included some pics from my crappy camera phone.

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

All in all I would definitely reccommend soccertriads, very cheap for a great product and doesn't take too long to arrive. Another thing to note is the shirt I ordered was a small and its definitely larger then a small, easily fits me and I'm more of a medium.

Are the lines to the left and right of the german flag colors grey printed lines or are they actually ribs in the fabric? The real thing has ribs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

cadmaniak posted:

Do you mean these?

If so yeah they're proper grooves. Don't know if this means its a real shirt then.

I think it's probably real. The fake ones I see everywhere have just grey lines in the fabric.