Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

ayb posted:

I loved this one so much I ordered it from a shop in Thailand!

That design looked great in black, I've got this Liverpool one:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Scikar posted:

It's a tribute to the kit United wore in the 1909 FA Cup Final. The Mirror has an article on it here.

So is it a one off shirt like the ones for the Munich anniversary, or is it what they'll have for the season?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Scikar posted:

There doesn't seem to be anything solid but apparently those are the home and away shirts for the full season.

EDIT: That or this is. I don't know.

That's clearly a fake, same with the red one with the white stripe and the Samsung logo.

Look at the white spec by the outline of the Samsung logo, looks like it's been done in MS Paint. As for the one in your post, the pixel-ey bit on the black part shows it's fake.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Scikar posted:

Yeah, I see what you mean about the black part. The white with red sash matches the original 1909 kit though and there's a few more pictures of it floating about, but no hard info anywhere.

The crest looks fake on the red/white one too. Looks like poor usage of the clone tool in Photoshop. The white one looks real, which should be worrying for United fans, because it's hideous.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Khalil posted:

Here are some clearer shots of the rumored new Man City home and away kits, from what I hear they might not be the same as these but very similar.

Those both look like they were done on a computer. Again, the stripes are added horribly. The white one's a lovely shirt, but would the sponsors really allow their logo to be that small?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Bacon of the Sea posted:

That is easily the worst kit I have ever seen. They can't plea ignorance either. Looking back who ever chose the tiger print for Hull or the tv static for Reading just didn't realise how bad it was. It was the late 80's, fashion was stupid, etc.

PSG on the other hand have no excuse for this:

I name it: the fax jam.

That's nice. PSG always have nice shirts, shame they're scum though.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

Portsmouth have had a rugby kit for the past few seasons, haven't they? I know last years (or the year before) was the same template as the Irish Rugby Union shirt.

The gaolkeeper one actually was the Irish Rugby shirt, just with the crest changed.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

MattWPBS posted:

Importing a question that someone asked in the Champions League semis thread while it was descending into statsmageddon - have any players ever shown off their swapped shirts?

Steven Gerrard has some in his trophy room

There are better pictures, but I can't find them.

edit: I remember his house being fairly tasteful too, he's no Phil Neville

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 12:33 on May 8, 2009

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Grez posted:

Great shirt :)

That looks like a terrible photoshop job :)

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Private Snowball posted:

Where are the trophies? Or at least winners medals.

If I remember correctly, they're visable in another photo which I couldn't find. It's a few years since it was doing the rounds, but I seem to remember there being a section with a replica (I assume) of the European cup and (I think) Shevchenko's shirt from the final. I think his medal was in the same section.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

st0rmjunkie_xl posted:

And hello everyone, by the way. I used to post here semi-regularly about 4 years ago and have since rediscovered that I miss being a goon. So I might hang around here more often.

Don't be silly, you can't have both Feyenoord and Aja.....ohhhh :v:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

You know, it's possible to like a few clubs in a league. Take Spain for instance. I don't give a gently caress about La Liga, but I might enjoy watching Real Madrid for a season or two, then I might enjoy watching Barcelona. I don't support either, but might like some of the players. When I was a kid, I liked a lot of the Barcelona players, such as Stoitchkov and Hagi. Then Zidane was one of my favorite ever players, so I would favour Madrid. I'm just using this as an example, so don't go comparing me to Confusion or anything, but a lot of people have floating support for leagues they don't follow too closely dependent on who's playing for the teams in question.

He never said he supported them or anything like that and I doubt he's going to become a big AZ fan just because they've won the league or anything.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Some Clown posted:

I thought there was some rule in the Premiership whereby a team had to keep their kit for two full seasons. Clubs got around it in a way by staggering the launch of their home and away kits for alternate seasons so they had a 'launch' every year.

But Liverpool only had that grey away kit for one season. And I think Middlesbrough change their home kit every season. How are they allowed to get away with this? :colbert:

Which team has had the most number of kits in the last 10 years, I wonder? I bet most people would say United, but I'd go for Boro.

I always thought there was a similar rule, but there isn't.

United and Chelsea both have new home shirts this season and I'm almost certain both changed them last season, United certainly did.

As you mentioned, I seem to remember talk of a rule about 15 years ago when United were changing their shirts more regularly than other clubs.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ICA posted:

Did Man U change their kit this year? I thought they had the same this year are last.

I'm pretty sure they did. If I remember correctly, they changed in 07/08 to the one to commemorate Munich and then again this season. I could be wrong though.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Grez posted:

You are wrong. Do you write for the Sun?

Sorry, I didn't mean the one they wore on the anniversary of Munich, I meant the one they had that season with the white collar.

Having looked a few things up, I am wrong though, carry on...

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 11:42 on May 21, 2009

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

beedeebee posted:

It is this color to evoke the Mediterranean Sea. Hmmmm

It doesn't look like it smells that much of poo poo....

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

thehappyprince posted:

Cheapest adult season ticket is £280.

Dunno how that compares with the other Championship teams.

That sounds extortionate.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

JingleBells posted:

That's good value, a season ticket to conference teams will cost you anything from £250 to £300.

Wow, I didn't know that. That's ridiculous.

As someone said, Wigan were (are?) doing season tickets for £99. I remember hearing recently that Fulham have one from around £140 or something like that.

That being said, I remember hearing a few years back that for the price of a Charlton season ticket, you could get one for Barcelona. Of course that's the most expensive for Charlton and cheapest for Barcelona, but still...

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Flapper posted:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have a problem with sponsored kits? I don't mind them, it fills in the space and gives the clubs money, but I know others like to keep the integrity of the kits.

There's no integrity in football really.

I could see myself being annoyed if they just brought it in, but I don't remember a time when they weren't there.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

JingleBells posted:

Scottish refs have the best sponsor, Specsavers!

Fantastic.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ICA posted:

Do you have both an Aston Villa and an Arsenal top?

Barca/Real and Inter/Milan too :confused:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Dudley posted:

Maybe he's just bought them because he likes the players concerned.

Impossible, one of them has Ibrahimovic on it :v:

That black Real one is lovely though.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, I wasn't having a go either, just a bit of fun :)

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

PSG always have the nicest shirts, it's a shame they're such a despicable club.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Saw the new Liverpool shirt in a shop today. Quite nice in reality, but looks a lot like a training top.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ICA posted:

What?

You mean the black one?

Yeah. Still not certain what colour is actually is to be honest. It's sort of shiny so that and perhaps the shop lights made it look more like a really really dark green or something. My eyesight's not the best though :)

This one:

Russ posted:

When I think of fake tops I remember the mid-nineties Barca tops that you could buy with no Kappa logo and a crudely written STOITCHKOV 8 in the world's most generic font on the back.

I have one of those somewhere.

I'm not saying what you got is or isn't a fake (frankly, who cares?), but you'd have to imagine that the techniques for making fakes has improved since then.

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 11, 2009

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ICA posted:

I was close to buying the current (08/09) Liverpool home... but I have the fear. They wont be releasing a new home kit for next season will they?

I don't think so, we generally go in two season cycles.

Also, if it's full price, it's not being changed. The grey one has been dirt cheap for a few months because it's getting replaced.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Even if they were to follow it up (which I doubt) who's to say you or your wife knew they were counterfeit? That would be a tough thing to prove I would imagine.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Georges posted:

Haha, don't knock Quick Hamburger Restaurant - their burgers are loving delicious. Also I think Beerschot's jerseys would look better in a sunny country, not Belgium where it's always cloudy and raining.

Quick is amazing. Miles better than any other fast food chains I've been to.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

frankenfreak posted:

Probably. Germany's biggest lower league-only stadium in Düsseldorf falls a few hundred short with 51,500. I don't think other countries can compete with those numbers, unless there's some clubs playing in a huge run-down standing room only former national stadium in Eastern Europe.

It's slightly smaller, but even more amazing is Leipzig with a 44,000 stadium in the 5th tier :confused:

Then there's Queens Park in the 52,500 Hampden in the fourth tier of the Scottish league.

The Liepzig one's more amazing though, because it was built (I assume) for the World Cup. What happened there? Were they just determined to have one in the former East Germany or was there something else at play?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Sadsack posted:

They're nice enough looking, but dear god they're plain.

The away is lovely. They're not too plain, when you consider there'll be a sponsor going across the middle.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

w00bi posted:

Russia's kit. I like the white better.

Zenit fan?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Yeah, footballers are arrogant petulant cunts. I could easily see one of them throwing a hissy fit. I'm just wondering if it's actually happened.

Johann Cruyff wouldn't wear the Dutch shirt with the Adidas three stripes on the sleave because he had a contract with Puma, so his shirts always had two stripes.

Article here

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Not sure where to post this, but seeing as it concerns a promotional shot for a new shirt, I guess this is the best thread for it.

Nike help Manuel Almunia to stop conceding goals

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

c0burn posted:

Our 3rd (Euro) kit has been revealed

Our kits own this year

The left hand side of that picture made me sad.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

hecko posted:

Is this real?

Good god I hope so.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Craiglen posted:

That could start a trend with faces on the inside of shirts.

Or not.

Doubt it, players will just get booked for it.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ibroxmassive posted:

As long as it's not political, and they don't remove the shirt totally, wouldn't you be alright?

I think I've seen players booked for just lifting their shirt over their head like that with nothing under it. Don't know about Spain though, that was probably Premier League. I'm sure Trin can confirm/deny.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Three people queue up for new Newcastle away shirt

I like the last guy, because he says he won't get it for the kids, but his son's wearing a Liverpool t-shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Damion posted:

What's going on with Andrew Taylor's shirt in this photo? Is the horizontal stripe coming off?

Poorly touched up maybe? The bit in question looks a little bit like bad cloning in photoshop.