Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Grievo posted:

WHAT THE gently caress ARE THESE?

It's a tribute to the kit United wore in the 1909 FA Cup Final. The Mirror has an article on it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

There doesn't seem to be anything solid but apparently those are the home and away shirts for the full season.

EDIT: That or this is. I don't know.

Scikar fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 1, 2009

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Yeah, I see what you mean about the black part. The white with red sash matches the original 1909 kit though and there's a few more pictures of it floating about, but no hard info anywhere.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

I actually kind of like it, I'll probably get one if that's the real shirt.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

foundationofnuness posted:

Am I alone in wanting something like this to happen?:

:smith:

I would kill for this. gently caress the haters, that kit was awesome.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Ka0 posted:

"All this sponsorship money and we still can't stop a guy called Parmo from scoring against us." :(

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

calcio posted:

let me know how that works out in hot sunny weather

They're New Zealand, and the hottest it's going to get at the warmest venue is about 20 C.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Yeah, I know the football team is the all-whites, I just don't think you can really knock NZ for wearing all black.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

poo poo brown pants are for teams that panic while defending.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Grievo posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with the badge on the one on the right?

Clearly his nipple is allergic to the material the badge is made from.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

The first picture of the United chevron was an obvious fake that turned out to be spot on. I don't think there's much at all these days to reinforce or discredit kit rumours.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Maybe they've decided Chelsea fans are upmarket and fashionable?

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Seems strange that the home and away kits would have a different collar.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

I like them but I liked this year's kit and apparently have much lower expections regarding the attire of my favourite team than most in this forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

tbp posted:

That new Arsenal home kit is so insignificantly different from the last one I don't think anyone would notice if they just re-released the previous one

It's proper white sleeves again like Arsenal's kit should be instead of over the shoulders which is a pretty significant difference actually.