Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma
Just so it's clear,I don't support or even regularly cheer for all those teams, I own the shirts because I liked the players and because I liked the look of them when I got them (all of them were the current shirt of the clubs when I bought them). I would say I wouldn't have bought them if they were shirts of clubs I dislike either though so you could say those are clubs I generally don't mind or have a favorable view of or had at the time at least. I stopped buying football shirts after the West Ham one to be honest because it's really not the kind of poo poo you ought to buy or wear as a grownup with a sensible sense of fashion.

Man City ca. 1994 for Uwe Rösler

Inter around the same time for Dennis Bergkamp

Real Madrid also that time for Ivan Zamorano

Rangers ca. 1999 ish for Jörg Albertz

West Ham ca. 2000 for Paulo Di Canio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma

MattWPBS posted:

What kind of following do they have?

"It's fun to play at the YMCA."

Bochum is a factory town in an area known for its steel industry and coal mining. Their fans are mostly local and working-class.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma

MattWPBS posted:

So just the kind of team to get a half rainbow kit then?

German clubs in general are just horrible when it comes to preserving their dignity and identity and will sell out to sponsors or even just shirt designers on the slightest incentive. Bochum don't have a lot of money so they are more likely to do it than others even I imagine. But even at Bayern you can tell they don't quite give a gently caress about whether there's such a thing as a classic Bayern shirt look and they will change it dramatically on a whim - hence the irony of Bayern, who are known as "die Roten" (the Reds) as opposed to blue 1860 in Munich, for some time playing in blue kits.

On the bright side at least you don't get the 3-4 different sponsor logos on the kit thing that you have in some other leagues.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma
I don't know why a Brummie should care about the Feyenoord-Ajax hatred, it's not like he's a season ticket holder of either one or a Rotterdamer with a strong dislike of Amsterdam.

There's few things sillier than some internet or TV fan whose team is nowhere near him in any way getting totally caught up in their local rivalries and poo poo. It's quite funny when you see some Man U fan in like say Chicago accuse the Liverpool fan from Singapore of being a thieving Scouse bastard and the Singaporean replies by calling the Chicagoan a Manc oval office.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma

w00bi posted:

He meant the stupid chest mesh. The away doesn't have it.

vs.

With the chest mesh the look reminds me a bit of this kind of army pullover:

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma
If this photo is to be believed, Bayern will go along with the standard new Adidas template and their new kit will feature pectoral emphasis as well.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma
Rotherham isn't just plain it looks like they were going to get new jerseys but then realised there's no money left in the club safe so they went to ASDA instead and bought a few t-shirts.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma

Irn--Bru posted:

That barca one is gross. The orange one that is. Didn't they used to have something similar?

It's more of a salmon tone, isn't it. Wasn't there a Juve shirt or something going in the same direction a few years back?

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma
Let's focus on kits and not provincial pub slags.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma

thehappyprince posted:

Here's the new kit. You can't really tell in this picture but the sleeves and the main part are actually different shades of red. Vandanel say they're fixing it. I say Vandanel are poo poo, let's get a proper maker.

That kind of stuff explains why some clubs sell their replicas for a tenner as opposed to the 30-40 asked by the high level clubs.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma

monkeytennis posted:

Nope, Donny are just as greedy - £29 for a shirt! £15 now though since the new one is due soon.

I hoped those low prices were permanent but I should have known better.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma

Some Clown posted:

Why is a goat trying to mount their badge? :aaa:

That's their mascot and nickname. They are called "die Geißböcke" which means as much as "billy goats".

They actually have a live goat called "Hennes" (named after their legendary double-winning manager Hennes Weisweiler) at all their home games.

There's the beaut.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma
Two guys took a slash on it from behind apparently.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma

Miles O'Brian posted:

Its sad to me that you get increasingly obscure companies showing up on shirts. When I was a kid I used to think Sharp and United were some sort of special friends or something

When I see JVC products my first thought is still "Arsenal!" same with other old sponsorship relationships like McLaren Racing and Marlboro cigarettes.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma
My main worry with poo poo like Soccer Triads probably isn't whether they sell fakes or are slow to deliver or whatever, it's giving my payment info to a bunch of guys running underground Russian Roulette competitions in opium dens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma
It's the slavish insistence on the little stripes around the collar that makes it a failure. There's absolutely no reason why a simple hoops type shirt should have those. A template is nice but a good designer knows when to deviate from it.