Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

I saw this at the bookshop and thought of you.

ConfusedUs posted:

Dreamcatcher. It's so horrible on every possible level.

Most of the other books here at least had some redeeming feature. Tommyknockers had the awesome gadget montage near the climax, and it ended well. Cell was decent for the first two thirds before poo poo went off the deep end. Cujo is scary in the sense that such a thing could happen to anyone. Rabies is a scary disease.

But Dreamcatcher has nothing for it. It is awful.

I gotta go with this. His wife called it the "poo poo weasel" book (or something like that); he talks about it in the afterword. To me, that pretty much sums it up: it's a book about poo poo WEASELS FROM OUTER SPACE.

Cell was pretty bad, and I just read Lisey's Story and wasn't terribly impressed by it either, but neither of them holds a candle to poo poo WEASELS FROM OUTER SPACE.

I loved The Dark Tower, but I can totally understand why people hated it and thought it was the worst thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU