Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Dreamcatcher would be alright without the magical retard and the alien in the guy's head poo poo.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Which leaves, what, a slightly bittersweet story about five four guys who used to be friends as children, but then they grew up - the end?

The military trying to contain a crash site with greys and alien fungus.

Nuke Goes KABOOM fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
The ending to the movie was incredibly awesome. It's so rare you see a good "gently caress you audience" ending.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
He liked the ending because it ruled so much. The only way to improve it would be to have the director flipping off the audience as a still image while the credits rolled.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Bonus posted:

But maybe I'm just easy to please.

This is the correct answer. The books get worse as they go on, and the quality drops considerably after he was hit by the van (in real life I mean).

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Your reading is the correct one.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
The "in-between" chapters of It that go over the town's history are pretty boring and I skipped them when I reread the book.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
The only good part about the book is the end (well the last hundred pages or so).

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon is the worst because he picked a pitcher that eventually went to the loving Yankees. Good call, Steve.

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Thank God I don't remember any flying zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl

little green jewel posted:

and so far the first book has been all about a pretty typical antihero (?) on a poorly-defined chase through a dead world populated by hopeless people.

This is much better than what comes later. Gunslinger is probably his best book.