Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Death Hamster posted:

I agree, I didn't like the movie's ending because they were striving to survive all through the events of the film and then just gave up. I think it would have been a better ending for the monsters to have eaten them all as they strove to survive to the last man/woman. It would have been more "in-character" at least.

That would be a loving terrible ending. Do you really think it would be more in character for the lead character to allow his son to be eaten alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

northerain posted:

Personally, I thought he didn't really do anything with the ideas in the stories.

This guy collects last breaths in a museum. A family visits, lady gets freaked out, runs away, gets hit by car. Man collects last breath. The end.

You deliberately left out the best part of that story. "Not everyone likes what they hear with that one" and the preceding story of how it was obtained was incredibly freaky, I thought.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Namirsolo posted:

The part about people walking into the Dome and managing to break their nose was what bugged me the most about the book. As a person who has walked into plenty of things, you're always going to kick it first. It's not possible to hit your nose unless you continue walking after you kick it, and even then your hands would hit next.

This bugged me at first too, but I excused it by imagining that, being a dome, the surface of the wall would curve back towards them, allowing them to hit it face-first.

It doesn't make a lot of sense, no, but it worked for me.