Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Hamster
Aug 21, 2007
Is this a two-bagger I see before me?

Adar posted:

Have you guys reread The Mist recently?

One word is Hartford. The other is hope.

I mean, yeah, it's not a happy ending by any means, but it's not the total pit of despair that you're making it out to be. (Okay, pretty close. But the point was that we don't know what happened.)

I did read King's comments, and it's hard to disagree with the story's author, but let's just say I do and leave it at that :)

I agree, I didn't like the movie's ending because they were striving to survive all through the events of the film and then just gave up. I think it would have been a better ending for the monsters to have eaten them all as they strove to survive to the last man/woman. It would have been more "in-character" at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Hamster
Aug 21, 2007

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

That would be a loving terrible ending. Do you really think it would be more in character for the lead character to allow his son to be eaten alive?

Yes. Yes I do. I think it would be more in character for them to strive to the very end, because that's what the whole movie entails up to that point. To just give up at the end seemed incongruous to me. I didn't think the movie was terrible, the ending just didn't seem to jibe with the rest of the film. However, by no means do I think they should have ended it with everyone happy and safe.

Death Hamster
Aug 21, 2007
So the worst Stephen King novel is that one where the group of people get attacked by a supernatural force and then the (magical) mentally challenged kid saves them?