Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
My new favorite Kingism is him referring to a rape victim recounting her experience as "palpable bitchery".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

rypakal posted:

(Every single character in the Bachman books is like this, which he openly acknowledges was based on his own "sexual frustrations" in the introduction to the collection).

Thinner is a really super uncomfortable read for this very reason, even if the main character is supposed to be a terrible person.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

oldpainless posted:

Funny that "Different Seasons" gets mentioned cuz I just started re-reading Apt Pupil last night.

Funny "thats interesting" more than funny "haha" I guess.

e: look this was a mistake.

"haha" funny is that Bryan Singer, the director of the film adaptation, is in a lot of hot water because he fucks teenage boys.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's funny to compare King to, say, Dean Koontz where he fetishizes guns and every story is about the good guy getting tons of firepower and blowing away evil. Like, in Koontzland a little kid and their mom having an armory that lets them mow down dozens of time-traveling Nazis (with Israeli uzis, for extra :911:) or a dude stopping a mall shooter or a rampaging genetically-engineered bioweapon by just shooting them in the head is a non-event.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

iostream.h posted:

gently caress, I've been using mine all wrong all these years then.

In all seriousness, can we not drag this poo poo in here?

You first.