Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

racecardriver
Apr 27, 2009
If this thread has been made before, I will close this (sorry, I'm somewhat new; I also can't search). I've just always wanted to complain about how bad "Cujo" is. Also, I'm about halfway through "Tommyknockers" right now, and I'm thinking it's not so great.

I guess most of King's new stuff isn't very good either, although I haven't read his new short fiction collection.

What's the worst in your opinion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racecardriver
Apr 27, 2009

Women's Rights? posted:

OP can I ask what you didn't like about Cujo? It was one of his earlier works so he was still a little lacking when it came to style, but it also didn't suffer from his "Time to end the book!" mentality with his later works. It's not my favorite, but it's definitely not the worst. It's not even in the bottom ten.

I remember it being boring as hell (at least to me it was). It's 400 pages of a woman sitting in a car. There's also the sideplot of her husband trying to sell advertising.

racecardriver
Apr 27, 2009

ConfusedUs posted:

The short story is wonderful.

Seconded. I liked the movie, though, as well. Thought it was extremely entertaining.

racecardriver
Apr 27, 2009

Hennergy posted:

I think it's interesting but takes away from the hopelessness of the original.

I think the whole point of "The Mist" was that you should never lose hope, even in situations of uncertainty. Both the movie and the novella carried that message, just in different ways.