Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Waroduce posted:

I'm just finished the fifth book with the zombies or whatever from thunderhead and the roonts. Should i stop reading and save myself time or am i past the worst and should finish out the series? So far i feel like the books have ranged from good to average, but i'm hoping for a nice big bang by book 7.

You might as well read the last two since you made it this far, but even as someone that read the series recently and had their expectations dulled by the internet's reaction to the last book I can tell you that if you're expecting a "big bang" from book seven you're gonna be let down. Still, it's worth reading for completion's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pud
Jul 9, 2001
Crouch End was set in London too, I believe.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

Just finished the extended edition of The Stand. Anybody mind telling me what's added to the original edition?

I'm pretty sure the very first chapter with Campion waking his family and taking off wasn't in the original, and I know for sure the epilogue with Flagg wasn't. There's a lot more of Trashcan Man's journey in the extended edition, I'm pretty sure the entire bit with The Kid is missing in the original. There's also a lot more with Fran and her family before the plague in the extended version. The extended is also set about a decade later than the original and he never changed some details to coincide with this, so some of the scenes where the prices of things are discussed seem kinda weird if you think about it.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Darko posted:

I hate that as well; I forgot what book I was reading where it drove me absolutely crazy as maybe a larger percentage of deaths were spelled out immediately.

It's been a few years since I read it but I'm pretty sure he does this to a totally obnoxious degree in Duma Key, with maybe one death not spoiled 20 pages in advance.