Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind
In On Writing, King talks about how he doesn't even remember writing Cujo due to substance abuse.

I gotta go with The Dark Tower though. After following that series since I was a young teen, only to have King totally obliterate it at the end. I was a huge King fan up until that point; I haven't read anything by him since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

Zimadori Zinger posted:

I want to believe Steve.......I want to believe. :911:

Hell, the premise is interesting...

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

nthalp posted:

Apparently a new Dark Tower novel is coming out in 2012, supposedly happening in between books 4 and 5. I'm still not sure if I would read it, as pretty much everything I have read by King recently smacks of bad hollywood movies.

This is a stupid idea. King absolutely ruined the Dark Tower series by finishing the whole thing in a manic, "I just had a brush with my own mortality" fugue state. Never was there more of a case of a good book editor needing to go to battle against an author's ego than with the last two books of the Dark Tower series. The author breaks the fourth wall, turns a major villain into a screeching madman who is erased to death by a magic pencil, etc. etc. Just let it go, Steve. Never return to that world again. Gan compels you.