Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Murphy Brownback posted:

Could be great, probably will be mediocre at best. Since TV series tend to try to assume no prior knowledge of the source material I can see them toning down the parts that made it a Dark Tower book and we'd get a standard western love story. I guess it would depend on who they got to play young Roland and Susan. Is that lady who played the witch in the Robin Hood movie with Kevin Costner still around? She'd make the perfect Rhea.

Well it's supposed to come out after the movie and actually have the bookend stuff with Idris Elba so it would be a safe assumption that the people watching it would have seen the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My problem with Under the Dome is that everything takes place in about a week and too much of the tension is ramped up artificially because of a couple of rear end in a top hat characters who are just caricatures.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Basically it looks to me like they're taking Jake's bit from The Wastelands and moving it to the start.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Isn't it a thing at the end when they realize that's why he killed himself?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

filmcynic posted:

There's a really neat 1984 radio-style adaptation of The Mist (starring William Sadler!) that you should definitely check out.

When I was a kid I listened to that version before ever reading anything by him.