Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Brinks
Apr 24, 2005
Welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising?

The Dark Tower.

The failure that is this book is not matched by any of his other works. Sure, most of them are complete garbage, but the problem in this one is how long people invested themselves into the series. After all that time, they were given a book that was just awful, in every way possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Brinks
Apr 24, 2005

cheerfullydrab posted:

Insomnia is awesome. The answer to the question posed in this thread is always going to be Cell. Cell is absolutely horrible. If I read a Stephen King book or story that I don't think is that good, I can at least say "Hey, this is still better than Cell!"

To be fair, the first half of Cell is pretty good. It's only once we learn more about the horde that things go to poo poo.

Mr.Brinks
Apr 24, 2005

NosmoKing posted:

More accurate now.

I agree. His next book is supposedly going to be longer than The Stand...

Mr.Brinks
Apr 24, 2005

Hemp Knight posted:

If you didn't have a lump in your throat at the final Susan scene at the very least, you have no soul.

Oh well then. Maybe it was because I skipped a hundred pages of it because it was so drat slow.