Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
I don't know if this will count, but I really enjoyed the comics of The Dark Tower, and would (probably) happily read the whole thing if it were done as a graphic novel in that style, because the visuals were amazing.

That being said, I loved The Gunslinger, but when The Drawing of the Three got to the Detta/Odetta part which went on for 80 pages too long, and then right after that the irritating Jack Mort part, I started to tire, then eventually I just put the book down and read something else. I guess it was just that precise moment where I got sick of King's shenanigans writing style.

I find it funny that, in thinking about it, I don't even remember any single plot point in Desperation. I remember that the characters in The Regulators were all the same, but moved around... but I seem to have completely blocked that book from my memory.

Making matters worse is King's love of self-referencing, so everything blends together into a swirl of characters and places, names and things.
Roland Cujo stands in a dead zone with a cellphone talisman in a Buick named Christine with a firestarter named Carrie "Dreamcatcher" Rosemadder, who is a bag of bones, chasing a shining eye of the dragon named tak-ka through the mist of salem's lot, and everyone has insomnia in atlantis, and that's It. That is pretty much Stephen King to me, any more.

My brother got me Just After Sunset for Christmas last year. I haven't even opened it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU