Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogarth Hughes
Apr 16, 2006

"As for me, people will be pleased to escape from me in one piece."

:black101:
The Dark Half is a goddamned terrible book. I was also sorely disappointed with how the Dark Tower ended up, since I'd waited ~12 years between Wizard and Glass (which I really like a lot) and Wolves of the Calla, and the end was so much weaker than the beginning. The Gunslinger graphic novels have been great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogarth Hughes
Apr 16, 2006

"As for me, people will be pleased to escape from me in one piece."

:black101:

Crunch Bucket posted:

It's been a good long while, but I also remember enjoying reading Thinner. But dear God, yes, stay away from the movie. Far away. That same advice extends to The Running Man.

Ahh, no way. The Running Man is the campest, most ridiculous Schwarzenegger vehicle. It's got future governor Jesse The Body Ventura, and former Family Feud nice-guy host Richard Dawson as the evil shithead villain. It's a good time. It is not much like the book, but it's completely fun in its mid-80s way. It is one of the better Stephen King adaptations, of which there have been an awful lot of terrible ones.