Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catenoid
Mar 3, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
I'd like to note that last time I checked, Berkeley costs pretty much the same as any UC, which is around 9k per year with health insurance (but not cost of living, which is the killer for Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, UCSB,...pretty much most of them except Davis maybe).

How do you feel about the increasing cost of college, a decreasing amount of aid for most students? I'm attending a public school, but because my private loans are being discontinued next year, I very well might have to drop out. You work at a LAC, but are your students mostly isolated from these sort of economic problems? I won't compare quality of education, but how do other schools make any attempts to ensure that their students have a chance at completing their degree requirements?

Again, I'm coming from a public university background, but how does LAC handle general education and remedial classes like HS algebra? How much of a resources sink is this? How do you feel about (public) community colleges and their roles in filling in for both of these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU