Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
Have you noticed any trends in overall ability regarding gender? I've found a lot of women I know have trouble discarding the passive voice, and write in an overly wordy style. On the other hand, I've found many men I know have trouble with grammar rules, such as the placement of commas. Have you found that men are better writers, women, or is it split fairly equally?

What do you think of genre fiction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

Brainworm posted:

Well, like most fiction, most genre fiction is terrible. But I suppose every genre has its geniuses and its classics -- that is, people or works that exhibit an exceptional understanding of the genre's vitals. But I only have one thing to say about genre fiction and it's not very interesting, so you might want to skip to something else.

Your standards for what constitutes as interesting are far, far too high.