Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I just want to say I came in here expecting one thing and you've delivered something completely different.

You come across as a very interesting and intelligent person. You really demonstrate how something that many people consider boring can be fascinating when you're around the right people.

I work in IT (and I post on SA, incredible isn't it) and this point is particularly important for my industry. I'm a networking guy mostly (Cisco stuff, it's like being a mechanic of the Internet really) and the day I'm having can really depend on the people I'm around. Sometimes I'll work with contractors who are passionate about networking, have some serious experience and qualifications under their belt and we talk about great stuff like the future of our connected world and how we are shaping it.

Other days I'll have to teach juniors or work with burnt-out older people that ended up in the positions they did through luck or contacts. The passion just isn't there and it's those days that make me question my love for IT.

If you worked in networking, you're the sort of guy I'd want in my team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU