Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
I was going to create some sort of Ask/Tell thread about the subject, but I suppose this thread works just as well.

Can anyone tell me what it's like to buy a home and rent it out? Is there a strong demand for it? Who are the typical tenants? Some guy who lost his house because he bought something he couldn't afford and needs a place for his family? A young family that wants a house but isn't ready to have a mortage? A military family who travels a lot?

I'm only 20, but I have a great job and very little expenses (I still live at home), so obviously I'm in a pretty good position at the moment, but I work for a small company, and while I feel my job is pretty secure, it's still a little scary to get wrapped into a mortage at this stage of my life. However, I've got money in the bank right now, and I'd love to do something with it.

I'd like to give it another year of saving before I would act on this, but I worry the housing market will rebound and I won't get as good of a deal.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
Looking at a house now. Found this warning in the electrical panel:

Does anyone have any idea if this is a big deal? I'm trying to talk to an electrician but not having any luck.