Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
So my wife and I found an auction for a new construction condo and we plan on bidding on it.

We already have an agent helping us find a condo but hes really out of the loop on this one and I'm not sure if I should bring him in.

If he gets in on it, he'd get a commission that he could kick back to us but if he doesn't, we'd end up paying the same anyway and the seller would just pocket the commission amount right?

What should we do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
If some old person dies in a home and the estate sells the home, are they supposed to do anything extra considering there was a dead body in there? Specifically like cleanup before they can sell it? Blood, bodily fluids, etc? Not talking about a bloody murder suicide, just grandpa dying of old age or whatever that means.

edit: oh its called 'unattended death cleanup'. Fun.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 4, 2015

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Progressive JPEG posted:

Depending on your state's rules you may have to include the death in the disclosures

Right but I'm not sure if they -have- to do a certified 'death' cleanup or....nothing. CA by the way.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Well my main concern is that if someone died unattended for months because they have no family or friends to find out and their cats/dogs started eating their corpse. In that case I want to know if anyone cared to clean up the mess properly instead of just a superficial scrub down and air freshener.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
My parents just sold their house in PA and are moving to be closer to me and the grandkids in CA. They have not purchased a new home yet. I am an only child and my parents are going to want me to be the sole beneficiary of their estate. Currently my wife and I have a revocable trust setup for our own kids and our house is in that trust. What should my parents do now they are in the market for a new house? Should we add them to our existing trust and put their new house into that trust(making it a 3 generational trust)? Should my parents and I spin up a new trust and put the new house into that? Eventually all the stuff in these trusts will go to my 2 children.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I think we did one of those boiler plate internet trusts. There was no attorney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
By boiler plate I mean my wife did the Suze Orman The Protection Portfolio thing. I believe it's pretty comprehensive if not generic. Are these types of trusts 'problematic'? In what way?

Anyway it sounds like we're getting into a lot of assets that are stacking up to be a lot of money we should just pay a lawyer.