Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
Wife and I just bought our house at the end of May, and might have actually timed the bottom of the interest rate market by sheer luck (30 years @ 4.65%). Lots of work to do on the place though, looking forward to years of spending weekends cleaning gutters, mowing lawns, sweeping the deck, etc.

Now that the house has been purchased and whatnot, I am looking into the $8000 credit. Has anyone in here had experience filing the tax amendment for their 2008 taxes? I'm wondering how long it takes to get the check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

moana posted:

Yeah, that takes a lot longer than you'd think. We closed end of May and haven't gotten our rebate - we called the IRS and they said there's a huge backlog.

Uggh, I just filed my amended return - I'm wondering if I just shouldn't have bothered and waited until my 2009 taxes - It sounds like there will only be a 1 or 2 month difference...

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

moana posted:

June. Altogether not too bad, but I still wouldn't have wanted to count on the money being there anytime soon. I wish we had been able to do an extension but we weren't sure we were going to buy so soon.

Sheesh - I just filed mine last month - thinking at this rate, I should have just waited until next year's taxes...

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Woohoo! First-time Homebuyer's Credit check just came in the mail. Based on previous timeframes in this thread I thought it wouldn't come until November or December, but it only took 6 weeks for it to get here. Excellent!