Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b0g
Jul 18, 2003

Ok guys.

I have a question.

I've bought a brand new house 4 years ago. Yesterday we had a small issue with the washer where we found water underneath. AFter testing the rinse cycle and spin cycle, we noticed that our washer drain is not clearing the water fast enough anymore. It looks like it starts coming up and then eventually overflows. if i stop it for a second, then it will catch up and release. We had no problems for 4 years and now this. Any suggestions? Need a plumber to find out why its draining slow? I have not notcied any other issues with sinks, toilets or showers.

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0g
Jul 18, 2003

Should have been more clear. Its the actual waste drain in the wall and not the washing machine. I can hear it filling up almost like a bottle of water and then if i lift up the hose from the washing machine, i can see water iun the pipe at the wall.

b0g
Jul 18, 2003

? It is overflowing into my wall. This is the reason why i'm posting it. It never overflowed previously and now its overflowing.

b0g
Jul 18, 2003

Rd Rash 1000cc posted:

I'm going to 2nd the snake idea. Also there should be a clean out above or below the washer box that you can access.

I dont see any clean out above or below the washer box. Just goes straight to down my wall and poof gone lol

b0g
Jul 18, 2003

asny suggestions on snake drum? Do you know if you can find a picture of a "standard" trap that thye install in the washer drain? I'm worried that i'll shove tghe snake down there and it'll get stuck

b0g
Jul 18, 2003

Alright folks.

I am back .. again with this home i called poo poo hole. The whole house plumbing is fine and does not seem to have a drain issue. However, my washer drain pipe is overflowing. it worked fine until about a year ago; it started overflowing but turned out it iced up a little bit and hot water cleared that poo poo up quick! So fast forward to 2 weeks ago... Everything was draining fine and now it is overflowing; as if its not draining fast enough. My wife needed laundry done so every spin or rinse cycle, I would hold the washer drain pipe until i hear and see the water coming up. I would then turn off the washer.. wait 5 seconds and do that.

THEN 2 days ago --- all of the sudden, it started filling up real quick! Like less then 4 seconds of draining and its full... and I mean splashing wish i was a kid in a pool overflowing. I did notice something weird... when it filled up that quick, i could see it come up, then drain down, then like a wave, come back up a bit then go down and so forth.

So any idea? Do i need to go ahead and just call a plumber to fish that drat drain? Anything I can do?

Its a almost brand new home. Only 7 years on it. Its on slab and in the attic i do see a dedicated vent line.

Thanks!!

b0g
Jul 18, 2003

I was debating if it could be vent related but I wasn't sure.

b0g
Jul 18, 2003

Has anyone used one of the cobra drain auger? I'm thinking about getting this to use on my washer drain pipe since its over flowing.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_347513-319-LX-86250_0__?productId=3376010&Ntt=drain+auger&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Ddrain%2Bauger&facetInfo=

b0g
Jul 18, 2003

Just a following up to my problem. I haveone of them home warranties for my home and decidedto call them out to look at my washer drain pipe. He had to snake in about 40 feet and clean all that poo poo out. 50$ later, my washer drain draining like a boss.

Thanks guys

b0g
Jul 18, 2003

Hey guys,

Quick question - Can anyone suggest me a Tub Drain Tub Removal tool for a tub drain that is 1 7/8's in size? All the tools I see are for the 1 1/2 drain pipes but nothing for the 1 7/8's.

The darn middle section broke off and now I can't get it out :)

Thanks!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0g
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah, I bought the standard 1 1/2 replacement drain and removal tool only to find out its bigger. Just my luck. I cant even find a replacement drain locally to replace.