Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poopcutter
Oct 4, 2003

by Ozma
I am almost done remodeling an old bathroom in a furnished basement and I have a plumbing problem.

The bathroom sink drained out its gray water via a pvc pipe that was shoved into a wider vertical lead pipe (leading to the sewer - it also goes up through the roof to vent gas) that someone drilled a hole in and they surrounded the juncture of the two pipes with some kind of putty. It looks like this work is decades old, but it worked fine.

I want to use the same basic system but I would like to seal up the gaps between the PVC and the lead pipe walls. I was thinking that there must be some kind of epoxy or some other malleable substance with which to do this.

I was thinking of using some kind of flexible three-way coupling (like this: http://www.fernco.com/plumbing/flexible-couplings/qwik-tees-ells) but I can't get to the rear of the vertical lead pipe without tearing down a bunch of cabinets, which I don't want to do, so I am not sure how I would attach a coupling like this to the lead pipe.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? How should I do this thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU