Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PappyFromJersey
Nov 19, 2003

Hell yeah, I'm well aware of what's at stake. Won't be a single muhfucker crying at my wake.
Journeyman Plumber checking in. I remember my first plumbing thread. Good job, Rd. Rash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PappyFromJersey
Nov 19, 2003

Hell yeah, I'm well aware of what's at stake. Won't be a single muhfucker crying at my wake.

Rd Rash 1000cc posted:

So what type of plumbing do you usually do pappy? Commercial, resi or service?

Commercial service in Dallas. Did my 4-year apprenticeship at a residential plumbing service company.

PappyFromJersey
Nov 19, 2003

Dobermaniac posted:

Excuse the terrible drawing(using a trackpad). I wanted to put in a wet bar in to an open space in my home. I have running water and drain line that are used for my washer which is on the other side of the wall. The darker line is an exterior wall and smaller line is an interior wall. How much of a pain in the rear end would it be to run hot/cold/drain from the washer area to the wetbar area so I can enjoy my girly drinks? Would it be easier or better to go through the interior wall or exterior? I know there would have to be some knocking poo poo out, but didn't know how much damage there would be.

If your house was built with a crawlspace, the drain line could penetrate the floor along with the water lines and the vent could be run through the attic.

If you have a concrete slab foundation, then the drain/water lines would have to run down the wall to the washer stack, but the vent could still run through the attic to the washer vent stack.

What's up, Grover?

PappyFromJersey
Nov 19, 2003

grover posted:

Truth be told, I'm an engineer :science: I'm a licensed PE, and fairly well versed in many areas, including plumbing and HVAC. Professionally, I do mostly electrical work; I'm flattered that you think well enough of me in this thread to assume I'm a plumber, though!

Grover knows just enough to get himself in trouble (see: S-trap). loving engineers. Worst customers ever. (wink)