Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ihafarm
Aug 12, 2004
I've got an issue with one of the toilets in my home. For the past month or so it has been leaking water from the tank to the bowl - the flap isn't sealing properly on the drain. I replaced the flap, no resolution. I replaced the entire drain assembly, no resolution. If I physically hold the flap down it will seal, but it will eventually start leaking again. It's not a constant leak, maybe once or twice per hour. When I had the tank off I noticed that there was water at the top of the bowl inlet - is that normal? I should also mention that this toilet will clog at the drop of a hat. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihafarm
Aug 12, 2004
I've got a 15 year old electric water heater that's started acting up - hot water at any tap is almost scalding, but runs out very quickly. We've had a couple instances in the past year where the circuit protection on the thermostat has engaged. Is this something that I can fix by replacing the elements and/or thermostat, or am I better off replacing the whole drat thing?