Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucid Smog
Dec 13, 2004
Easily understood air pollution.
Some bozos flipped the house I bought a couple of years ago. They did a decent job as far as flippers go, but certainly skimped on some things.

For instance, they added a bathroom on the upstairs. They ran CPVC for it (and flipped the hot and cold water lines). The rest of the house is all copper. I see that they used to gold primer+cement all in one, which I couldn't find at Lowe's. So I used purple primer and whatever color the cement comes in when I un-did the hot/cold screw up.

I have heard that some jurisdictions forbid the use of combined primer+cement. I can't figure out if mine does (Baltimore County, MD). I know CPVC is allowed for both hot and cold, but I gather I will have problems with it in the future. Hopefully I'm out of here before then ;) Is there any real different between splitting out the primer stage?

Also, does the same prime and then cement rule apply to drain lines? I'm going to be adding an auger access to some 1.5" drain pipe in my basement soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU