Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well the blue is this big vertical pipe here, and at the top it DOES go out towards the street:

I'll admit it does seem odd to me the exit to the sewer is 5' off the floor, but what else would that be?

If I zoom in on the original photo, I can see the "Rooter Man" was here in 02 and 04:

60' to street? (That can't be right, I have maybe 20' of front yard, 3' for sidewalk, another 4' for the greenbelt...even if the sewer is on the opposite side of the street I'm on, I feel like there's no way it's more than 40'?)

And I can't tell what they wrote about the kitchen sink and tub...Looks like..."ken"? I'll be able to take a real look at it when I get home.

Sewer is unpressurized and only can flow downhill unless you have a grinder pump (and you'd know if you had one of those).

I suspect that vertical pipe is the house trap vent/air-inlet:

Check on the outside wall of your house for a pipe that ends with an elbow pointed downwards. It might be tight at the ground level.

This or similar is probably what's going on below the floor:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Yep. Call a plumber and have the clear the line to the street. Probably want them to scope it after to see if the line is hosed.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

They wouldn't be the ones picking up the mold remediation bill. There's also a huge value in being able to schedule the replacement versus it happening at 7 PM on Friday a holiday weekend that you were planning to travel on (or worse an hour after you left for a long weekend).

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Nitrox posted:

There is an o-ring, a rubber bushing and a brass seat in the rebuild kit. It would take less than 10 minutes to rebuild all three valves, assuming they're not corroded to death. Use silicone grease to make your next rebuild a little easier. And there is no reason not to do it sooner, before things get worse.

Look what you did :mad:

Joking aside it doesn't matter though as the knobs are absolutely fused to the spindle of the valve.

I was able to back the escutcheon off enough to get a wrench on the valve cartridge. The source of the leak was the packing bushing, but the rubber that seals against the seat is pretty badly degraded:

Seats look decent enough but there might be some slight pitting:

I tightened up the packing nut which stopped the leaking, but I'm going to keep replacement cartridges and seats on hand until I get some replacement knobs/screws and can redo the whole thing.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

quote:

Yeah, unfortunately the guy refused to give me a video unless I choose to work with them.

If you paid for a scope (or they include the scope as part of other work) then they give you the goddamn video. That's the deliverable of the scope.

Light them up on google reviews for failing to give you what they paid for if they don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

If you replace the unit I highly recommend the Insinkerator evolution pro or evolution excel series. They are astonishingly quiet.