Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt Moose
Aug 8, 2007
moose
How can I make the columns of my bar graph wider? I already have the gap width set to 0%, but there still is tons of space between each value.
Here is what it currently looks like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt Moose
Aug 8, 2007
moose
After changing it to a text axis and Thel's suggestion it works! It looks much better now, thanks.

Lt Moose
Aug 8, 2007
moose
Edit: Rephrased question.

I have a lot of results from many different types of races in excel. I'm preparing to store these in a MySQL DB, so I need to prepare the data. I'm planning to have 2 columns: one for seconds, and one for milliseconds. So a race that is 30 min 6 sec long would have "1806" in col A and "00" in col B. Likewise, a race that is 16 min 40 sec and 24 ms would have "1000" in A and "24" in B.

My issue: The data is not entered in a uniform way. Take a look at Col H. Pretty much nothing has leading zeroes. So my first example is entered as 30:06, and my second example is 16:40.24. However, when I set the column format to [h]:mm:ss.00 (Col I), only some of the values are correct.

How can I process all of these non uniform inputs and get it split to minutes and seconds? Is this the best approach?

Thanks

Lt Moose fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 22, 2012

Lt Moose
Aug 8, 2007
moose
Thanks, I'll try to play around with that more. I actually changed how I'm going to approach this, and I rephrased my original question, but this still could be helpful.

Lt Moose
Aug 8, 2007
moose

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Stuff like this is basically exactly what google refine was made to do.

THANK YOU!

This helped a ton. After some work I finally got it converted and cleaned up. Once I looked at it with that, I did a few different cases and corrected the values. It appears that the main problem was that everything was stored in days (e.g. a value of 1.0 = 24 hours), but it wasn't always correct. So sometimes a 30 minute race would be stored as 1.25 (incorrect, 30 hrs) or 0.0208 (correct).