Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Not sure how "small" this question is, but I have the following situation.

I'm keeping track of a game I play, based on scenarios for it, and which game pieces are used in which scenario. Since I don't own all the expansions and whatnot, I want to be able to selectively color or filter out scenarios I can't play with what I have.

So, on one sheet, just to be simple, I have, for instance:

code:
Scenario ID | Maps Required
1           | 21, 24
2           | 1
3           | 3, 4, 21
I'm trying to figure out how to filter out the scenarios, for example, "I only have maps 21 and 24, I want to color all of the scenarios that use OTHER maps red" or something. Should I use VBA to split that column into an array and then use that array to selectively color the rows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Bob Morales posted:

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(SEARCH({"21","24"},B10)))>0

It will return 1 if it matches 1, 2 if it matches 2....you could color it on that

Almost perfect, but matching single number is a problem. I guess I could use leading 0s.

(i.e. SEARCH({"1"}, B10) is matching 21, 31, 41, etc.)

edit-- Is there a way I can save the array in a hidden cell and refer to it? Having {"1", "2", "3"} in cell AA2, and then using SEARCH(AA2, B10) isn't working.

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 19, 2016

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I have a dumb niggling issue I can't figure out.

I have a lookup table in a second sheet, say Sheet2!A:A, that's full of short strings each on a single line, so for example:
10a
LCP
20z
Etc...

I have a column in my main worksheet that I want to check the value against the lookup table. If everything in the cell (delimited somehow, maybe comma) is in the lookup table, color green, else color red. So in the example above:
1,10a would color green
5,7,AT,10a would color red

I know I can split on commas, but iterating through a list like that is stumping me.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

TheLastManStanding posted:

code:
=COUNTA(TEXTSPLIT([@[Test String]],","))=SUM(SIGN(COUNTIF(LookupTable[LookupColumn],TEXTSPLIT([@[Test String]],","))))
The SIGN(...) is to deal with duplicates in the lookup table.

This worked perfectly! Thanks!