Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Jesus that Consolidate process I'll be telling everyone about :) Guess who never has to hack peoples ugly spreadsheets around with Perl anymore.

I've got no experience with charts in Excel, and I'm trying to do something that I think is out of the box.
Here's a sample of my data:

What I want to do is create a line graph that has on the X axis the numbers 0 through 23 (representing hours of the day, in the HoursOfTheDay column) which may or may not exist in the data (Andrews starts at 6 instead of 0). Y axis should be based on the AVGKPS column.

The trick is that I'd like to either create a chart for each value in the Plant column (obviously based on just their data), or if that's not reasonably possible, create a line on each graph that connections each of that Plant's points in a different color, with a key that shows Plant and color or some other way to determine which is which.

Is any of this possible out of the box, or is this all VBA funk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Thanks for the help. The data points are so all over the place, that it turns out it only really makes sense if I run this overall instead of breaking it out hourly, which makes charts far less necessary. However, I've learned something :)