Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0089
Apr 15, 2004

“Silent Blue - .random.”

I have a question when about exporting data from a website into excel. I'm still new to it so I'm not sure how I would be able to do this, I know I can click on the data tab > get external data > from the web and grab a table off a website but I need to get more complex than that.

I want to export data off a website and then have excel arrange the date/company/name/etc in an easy way so I can then upload it somewhere else.

For example, say I want to get the data off this website. I want Excel to take the Company Name, Person's name, address, city, state, zip, etc and upload it into each corresponding column.

In the end it should look like,

code:
Company     Name    Address       City       State     Zip       Phone #
Starbucks   Jack    1234 Street   USACity    PA        12359     23412341234
Starbucks   Jane    9876 Street   USAtown    CA        12359     23412341234
Starbucks
Coffee Store
Another Store
Java World
etc.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Edit - Actually, a directory like this is more of what I'm looking to export, http://www.directoriesusa.com/sampleReport.html. Since the data/address information is already organized with Address, City, Zip, etc, I imagine it would be easier to export it the way I want right?

Dr. Video Games 0089 fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Sep 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU