Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SURPRISE WITNESS
May 14, 2004

I am pretty sure this is how it is supposed to go.
Alright kids. I'm trying to spice up my College Bowl games contest sheet with some drop-downs to make entry easier.

I've already done the validation to pick between only 2 teams as the winner (to ensure things are spelled correctly for the standings sheet).

Now, the part I've always had trouble wrapping my brain around, code-wise.

There are 34 bowl games. Each player is to assign a point value, from 1-34, to each game, using each number only once. So, I'd like the 'Confidence Points' field of those 34 rows to hold a drop-down list of available numbers that remain, so that they don't select the same number twice. Say I select the first 2 bowl games point values of 1 and 2. I then want the drop-down lists in every field of that row to then only contain 3 through 34. And so on. Seems simple in theory...but code-wise it hurts my brain.

I think I'm ok on the logic of it all, but I'm a little too fuzzy on the inner workings of excel to do what I want. Just a little nudge in the right direction should get me going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU