Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Swink posted:

I want to know if its possible to select more than one item from a criteria when using the autofilter.

Example:
i have a list of fruit. I can use the autofilter to select only the apples, or only the oranges. But I want to see both apples AND oranges at the same time.

Yeah, go to "Custom" in the list. In the example, you set the first one to equals oranges, the radio button to "or", and select apples in the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
Here's what appears to be an annoying Excel 2007 bug.

Got a pivot that's created each time using VBA, so it's not a case of cached data that's not there any more.
Got a form where the combobox is populated using the pivotitems from the pivotfield, so it's not a case of the filter not actually being in the pivotfield.
Try and set the visible property of the pivotitem, and it throws a fit.

Basically, if you've got a pivotitem that's a UK format date (dd/mm/yyyy), it seems impossible to set a load of the properties. Throws up error 2042 instead. Can still get at the name, caption, etc, just not the properties I need.

Ooooooooooooooh, thinking about this, I wonder what would happen if I set the name to something else to start with, then tried to set the visible property?

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

MattWPBS posted:

Ooooooooooooooh, thinking about this, I wonder what would happen if I set the name to something else to start with, then tried to set the visible property?

For anyone who runs into the problem, this works. Added "str" to the front of the name at the start, took it off at the end after setting the visible property.

Bloody 2007.