Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

nyerf posted:

That's good to hear about the hormones. What sort of uterine funk are they thinking? Polyp or something? Here's hoping your tubes were clear--I hear having a HSG can sometimes unstick stuck-together uterine tubes too. Good luck!

I ovulated yesterday, so the two week wait begins again.

Best of luck this cycle! I’ve heard good things about that stuff.

I guess they’re trying to tell whether I have an arcuate (weird but fine) or partial septate uterus (weird but less fine). It shouldn’t be causing infertility, so that’s still unexplained, but if it’s septate sometimes they can take care of that relatively easily and it could avoid problems in later pregnancy assuming I ever get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nyerf
Feb 12, 2010

An elephant never forgets...TO KILL!
So, 4th try, day 16 post ovulation and uh

I knew something was (possibly) up because my cramps a couple of days ago felt different, though when I got a spot of brown I figured that was that. Nothing the next day though, and did the test today.

poo poo, guess that conception lube did the trick. It's literally the only thing we really did any different and it's the only cycle so far that we used it. Now to the next phase of waiting and watching to see if it's viable. I can hardly believe it. Nervous and excited, so had to tell random internet strangers, of course. My sense of smell has already changed. Never noticed this stuff last time.

Hoping for good news for you guys too :f5:

Public Serpent
Oct 13, 2012
Buglord
Woop, congrats!! I had a positive sneak peek test on thursday - today I've officially missed my period! :woop: Fingers crossed it'll stick. I'm feeling a bit tender and bloated but no nausea yet.

My wife nostalgically asked me this morning if I "remember the cherry tomato?" referring to my last pregnancy when I ate one cherry tomato one day and puked the whole afternoon. Yeah I do, thanks

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Congratulations to the both of you, and best of luck!!

My medical adventures are being postponed because my period is here with a vengeance this month and that’ll make looking at my uterus with a camera pretty tough. Maybe the HSG kickstarted something because, tmi, I haven’t had one this heavy since before I got pregnant the first time.

a friendly penguin
Feb 1, 2007

trolling for fish

I want to thank everyone in this thread who talked about their miscarriage experiences and who recommended the book Coming to Term. Both were very helpful to me after I had my missed miscarriage in November, since my obstetrician was zero help and the miscarriage thread seems to be lost to the ages.

Here's how it went:
Dr: You've had a missed miscarriage. Would you like a D&C or would you like to wait.
Me: Uuuuh, wait?...
Dr: Okay, see you in two weeks.

I had no idea how common miscarriages were, how long it might take, what I was supposed to be expecting or even what could have caused it. I certainly didn't know what a D&C was. Through this thread and the book, I now know.

Now I'm back on the road to pregnancy. But from what you all have said, I'm hoping that I can take advantage of the post miscarriage fertility bump. Back to the watching and waiting.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
Interesting fertility happenings:

My spouse has a pretty regular cycle, but after a bit of a dry spell we had a pretty wild week. They ended up ovulating a week ahead of schedule.

We're hoping to start trying in earnest next month, but we're not sure when to expect the next ovulation. I guess we'll keep testing and see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

Good luck, RabbitMage! There’s always the option of temping to track ovulation, but if she’s normally pretty regular it might not be worth the hassle.

I don’t have a great idea of where I’m at in this whole trying to get knocked up journey. I hope all the problems I’ve had are independent and just chained bad luck. I broke my ~15 month infertility streak with a positive test, which unfortunately turned into a chemical pregnancy at the start of February. I think the HSG in November did kind of clear something up, and now I’m back to my baseline fertility. I hope. Hopefully the very early miscarriage was just of the ~1/4 pregnancies end this way kind of thing and not some underlying problem. It’s tough and scary not having any answers.

But man, statistics are no comfort to me at all anymore (and I usually love statistics!)

• Locked thread